This position is for 2nd and 3rd shift. This role ensures that all parts are inspected to ensure 100% conformance to customer specifications including 100% quality with zero defects. This ensures that we exceed our customer expectations. The final inspectors must achieve all minimum targets but always striving to exceed all safety, quality and production world class standards.
Over the last 35 years our organization has been a specialist in our products. In fact, we are the only company in the world who specializes in clutch return spring packs. This laser sharp focus, combined with great people putting forth a tremendous amount of effort, has enabled us to be the global leader in our market.
Our organization collaborates with our customers all around the world in product development, and then manufacture these products on proprietary manufacturing equipment and processes we design and build internally. While millions of these products are shipped within the United States, more than 50% are exported, the majority of which go to China.
We are currently experiencing very rapid growth as we are on a trajectory to double in size in the next 2 years. It’s because of this explosive growth that we look at ourselves a 35 year old start up.
While our company’s growth is exciting and will present some great opportunities and challenges, this is not what makes us special. In fact, many mediocre companies are capable of growing to a larger size. What separates us from others is 1) our common desire to have an impact and 2) our people.
Those with our organization share a common desire to have an impact on people. For some, this is the impact that can be made on the people within our four walls, while for others it may mean the impact within our community or the millions of lives we impact all around the world each day.
Our ability to make an impact is a direct result of our people. We firmly believe the difference between an average organization and phenomenal, long term success is a function of the organization’s people. What does this mean? It means believing that our people are our most important asset, and then treating them this way. It means providing people with the opportunity to work with other high performers whom they respect and can learn from. It means giving people tough challenges to solve in order to grow personally and professionally.
There is a company to be built here, a world class one, and we are looking for those who are excited to be a part of that, but aren’t afraid to roll up their sleeves and work hard, take ownership, and ultimately have a direct impact on the lives of many people near and far.
- SAFETY IS OUR HIGHEST PRIORITY AT ALL TIMES
- Achieve zero defects shipped from our plant
- Ensure any and all defects are discovered at a minimum target efficiency rate striving to exceed all target rates
- All paperwork and labeling must be legible, clear and correct
- Must ensure workspace is clean and no safety hazards exist (trip hazards, etc.) at end of shift
- Follow all procedures, policies and rules (includes but is not limited to: safety rules, behavior expectations, timekeeping, etc)
Desired Job Requirements
- Must show motivation & have desire to learn new concepts and skills
- Must exhibit desired values and principles
- Must have good communications skills, both written and verbal; basic mathematics skills required
- Some computer skills (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) an asset, but not a requirement
Performance Objectives and Measurables
- Performs all duties in a safe manner and to all standards
- Achieves inspection of 100% conformance to customer specifications and ensuring 100% quality parts within 120 days at the assigned minimum target level for the part #
- Ensures work area is clean and organized daily
- 100% compliance and adherence to all policies and procedures
Key Performance Indicators (KPI) (as a team and individual)
- Achieve minimum target rate after 120 days
- Achieve less than 2% of defects not found at customer site
- Daily cleaning of section area
- 0 safety incidents every day
- 0 unexcused absences every month