Lacks Enterprises, a world leader in automotive decorative trim, is seeking to add a 3rd shift Mold Repair Technician to its growing team. The ideal candidate will have experience in the following duties:
JOB SCOPE AND SUMMARY: Responsible for all in-house die repairs; this includes polishing and bench work, electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic repairs to tools and trim presses.
WORK TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Performs all in house die polishing and bench work.
2. Maintains a preventative maintenance program on all tools. Keeps a thorough and accurate history on each tool.
3. Performs electrical repairs on tools, such as wiring hot runners and repairing limit switches.
4. Completes required hydraulic repairs on tools.
5. Repairs trim presses and ring presses.
6. Works with engineering to institute engineering changes to tools.
7. Maintains good housekeeping in work area.
8. Provides training and guidance to technicians and die setters on simple tool repair.
9. Performs other tasks assigned by designated supervisor.
Reports directly to the Process Manager, with dotted line to the Shift Supervisor and Senior Process Technician.
1. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
a. Physically capable of performing all duties and functions involved in the job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
b. High school education or equivalent preferred.
c. Four to Seven years of experience in the tool repair field preferred.
2. The ability to meet the specifications listed below must be demonstrated on the job.
a. Ability to read electrical and hydraulic schematics as they relate to tools.
b. Working knowledge of pneumatics.
c. Understanding of trim presses and ring presses.
d. Excellent oral and written communication skills
e. Obtain hi-lo license and operate hi-lo safely.
f. Knowledge of the "Machinery Tool Room".
For over 50 years, Lacks Enterprises has been the model of excellence, producing superior parts that uniquely reflect the expertise of our employees, our innovative ideas and our unwavering dedication to deliver our best each and every day.
With the fourth generation of the founding family now advancing into leadership, Lacks Enterprises continues to promote a team-based culture where employees truly feel a bond in their efforts to satisfy customers. Working together in an environment of trust, they have done and will continue to do great things.
An unmatched commitment to intensive training and ongoing education provides our employees with real skills that lead them to more informed observations and better decisions. As a result, our employees exhibit unparalleled dedication and loyalty, bringing time-tested solutions to every job.
New technologies and process innovations are hallmarks at Lacks Enterprises, where research and development is seen as an investment in our customers. By fostering proactive inquiry and study, Lacks provides an encouraging environment for forward-thinking solutions that have direct benefits.
Whether it's with our coworkers, our customers or our community, partnerships are at the heart of everything we do at Lacks Enterprises. Our organization is dedicated to making a difference at every level. Working side by side, we are always searching for a better way... and a better world.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.