Working at Eckhart is an opportunity to directly impact the future of American manufacturing. We are an Industry 4.0 leader committed to developing advanced manufacturing solutions that enhance the quality of life. Our AUTOCRAFT™ autonomous guided vehicles and FLEXCHECK™ collaborative robotic error-proofing systems lead the market in reliability and dependability. Our suite of solutions includes AGVs, collaborative & traditional robotics, 3D printing, conveyance & automation, highly engineered weld fixtures, lift-assist & ergonomic tooling, and mechanical & electrical engineering services. Our solutions improve employee safety, product quality, and productivity at the largest companies in the world.
Eckhart invests in people because we believe it is our people who differentiate our solutions and our company from our competitors. For over 40 years our company has committed dedicated creative minds to conceptualize and design custom manufacturing solutions for industry. Our customers span medical devices, food, consumer packaged goods, aerospace, automotive, industrial machinery, commercial construction, household appliances, and farm machinery & heavy trucks. We thrive solving our customers’ most difficult problems and find satisfaction when customers receive safe and efficient turn-key solutions that enhance their quality of life.
Design Engineers apply engineering theories and real-world experience to design industrial ergonomic systems and material handling equipment. This role requires a working knowledge of mechanical principles and an understanding of 3D models, layout drawings, and engineering specifications. Specifically, proficiency using Solidworks design software. Design Engineers require the ability to work independently and at times manage projects from start to finish. In dealing with customers, our goal is not to meet expectations. Our goal is to exceed expectations and ensure our customers receive an exceptional experience at Eckhart.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Work concurrently on one or more projects that are complex scope and require a high level of design proficiency
• Complete 3D designs and assemblies for a variety of moderately complex to complex ergonomic and automated tools
• Complete 3-D designs that require expertise and experience working in diverse manufacturing environments
• Proficient in Unigraphics, Solidworks, Catia, Creo, and AutoCAD
• Lead design reviews with Fortune 50 aerospace, agriculture, and appliance customers
• Travel to customer locations to conduct field studies, create sketches and develop layouts for new system designs
• Collaborate with team members on large projects
• Schedule activities to complete assigned tasks and projects, communicate and document requisite information per established Eckhart policies and procedures working with Program Managers and the Director of Engineering
• Understand customer needs, apply technical knowledge to identify process requirements, recommend and implement custom engineered solutions
• Demonstrate Engineering professionalism in all activities and provide timely & efficient service to customers