Appliance Installation Apprentice
Bekins is a continuously growing family owned company that first started in 1975 as Bekins Appliance Service. With three locations in West Michigan, we are now nationally known as a high-end retail and service company that sells, installs, and services appliances and electronics. We exist to be the best; challenging industry norms to do what’s right, and to make a positive difference in the lives of our employees, their families, our customers, and the community. Bekins’ workforce has doubled in size over the last five years and we continue to look to hire the best.
The new member of the Appliance Installation team will be a hands-on, physical worker with proven mechanical skills. Appliance Installers install a wide variety of gas and electric appliances including refrigerators, dishwashers, ovens, ranges, ice makers, washers, dryers and grills. This person will excel in a company that provides award-winning customer service through holding employees to a high level of performance and accountability.
- 9 months hands-on training with an experienced Appliance Installer
- Prepare, inspect and load product into your vehicle
- Safely deliver and install product
- Respect, protect and thoroughly clean up customer homes
- Efficiently and accurately complete all paperwork
- Maintain vehicle; perform daily inspections; maintain inventory of required supplies and tools with no losses; keep clean, organized, and secure at all times
- Warehouse responsibilities to receive product; use scan gun to transfer product; keep warehouse and work stations clean and organized
- Learn and follow company policies and procedures
- Be organized, efficient, professional and friendly
- Solid technical and mechanical skills, experience with appliance installation preferred
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, and maintenance.
- Proficient with hand tools
- Able to move and handle heavy objects every single day
- Stable employment history
- Desire to work directly with customers in their homes; educating them on the use of their appliances
- Excellent customer service skills; a friendly personality
- Able to communicate clearly, appropriately, and concisely in verbal and written formats
- Insurance (health, vision, dental, life) for full time Team Members
- 401k match
- Paid holidays
- Paid time off
- Short-term disability
Bekins provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, , national origin, age, disability or genetics.