The Supplier Quality Engineer works through the Supplier Quality process by assisting in source selction, working through the part approval process and assisting with Supplier-related concerns, within the production environment. They work cross-functionally with all departments and Suppliers to ensure Supplier parts conform to specification, and when non-conformances are found, that they are addressed in a timely manner and driven back to the Supplier and corrected.
The Supplier Quality Engineer works to ensure continuous improvement in all aspects of work. SQE's focus on cost metrics and objectives to ensure that processes are carried out with a focus on cost reduction. Incumbant will also adhere to AM General requirements and processes and work to improve those processes where possible. SQE's are expected to promote and maintain a safe and respectful work environment.
- Supplier Selection & Evaluation: Perform Supplier Quality system assessments for risk and opportunity. Support Supplier selection process and technical reviews.
- Supplier Product Quality: Work with Suppliers through the supplier APQP process and perform PPAP / Sample submission reviews. Utilize AIAG methods of PFMEA, Control Plan and MSA throughout the process.
- Problem Solving: Assist in problem solving non-conformances and issuing Problem Resolution Reports (PRR) / Corrective Actions for Suppliers. Manage containment, follow- up and preventive actions while driving issues to resolution. Utilize Practical Problem Solving and Lean-Six-Sigma methodologies throughout the process.
- Supplier Monitoring: Track Supplier performance metrics and trends to assist in supply base improvement.
- New Model / Engineering Change: Provide support for Quality Department during new model changes and future product development.