Minimum Requirements for this position are as follows:
- High School diploma or equivalency AND 3 years of relevant experience in school nutrition programs;
- OR Associate degree or equivalent with academic major in specified areas* and at least one year of relevant experience in school nutrition programs;
- OR Bachelor's degree in any academic major and at least one year relevant experience in school nutrition programs;
- OR Bachelor's degree in any academic major and State-recognized certificate for school nutrition directors;
- OR Bachelor's degree or equivalent educational experience with academic major in specific areas.*
*Specific majors/areas of concentration: food service management, dietetics, family and consumer sciences, nutrition education, culinary arts, business, or a related field.
At least 8 hours of food safety training within last five years of starting date or within 30 days of starting date. Must maintain and meet training standards per United States Department of Agriculture and Michigan Department of Education.
Understanding of current U.S.D.A, MDE, local, state, and federal food preparation policies, procedures, regulations, guidelines and laws. Must possess ability to communicate clearly both orally and in writing with other school districts, various government and office entities, administrators, and the general public and follow directions.