LaJoy Group is looking for a Production Operator in Canton, MI.
The Production Operator will be responsible for all aspects of the setup and operation of the line and will be responsible for the cleaning and changeovers of all machines.
- Starting at $16.50/hour
- $500 sign on bonus paid after 90 days
• Medical, Dental, Vision
• Short term and Long term disability
• Life Insurance
• 401k with match (eligible to contribute upon hire)
• 11 paid holidays
• Sick time
• Vacation time
• Monthly bonus for perfect attendance
• Eligible to be hired by the client after 90 days, with a pay increase.
Schedule of a Production Operator:
- Shift: Monday-Friday with occasional Saturdays. Schedule is posted 1 month in advanced.
- Day Shift: 6:00am-2:30pm
- Afternoon Shift: 2:00pm-10:30pm
- Midnight Shift: 10:00pm-6:30am
- Full time position
- 30 minute lunch break
- 2 - 15 minute paid breaks
Responsibilities of a Production Operator:
- Responsible for the operation of the primary compounding and the secondary blending of raw materials required in the extrusion area and at specified levels of productivity.
- Troubleshoot material problems as required.
- Monitor work area and adjust machines as needed.
- Keep track of in-process inventory.
- Provide materials consistent with the required schedule.
- Complete and maintain necessary paperwork.
- Maintain housekeeping and clean work area.
- Hook up sacks of materials to be lifted and opened in hoppers.
- Maintain level of quality consistent with established standards.
- Comply with established safety rules.
- Comply with company policy and procedures.
- Maintain constructive working relationships with co-workers, lead and supervisors/managers.
- Perform other duties as assigned to the satisfaction of supervisor and/or lead.
Requirements of a Production Operator:
- 3 years related experience, preferably within the plastics or automotive industry
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 30lbs. and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50lbs.
- High School Diploma/ GED required
- A drug screen will be required.
This job requires (or may require) a criminal background check. Convictions and pending felony charges are not an absolute bar to employment and will only be considered if required by law or there is a substantial relationship to the circumstances of the particular job or if bond ability is at issue.
LaJoy Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.