U.S. Bank is seeking an experienced Senior Cyber Defense Engineer with demonstrated competence and thought leadership capability to contribute toward the success of our technology initiatives the Advanced Malware & Boundary Protection Engineer is a critical role within the Cyber Defense Engineering Team focused on identifying and remediating risks, and automating solutions to reduce the organization's risk landscape. This role will be focused on managing the tools and technologies pertinent to securing the network perimeter, and identification and mitigation of advanced threats within the organization. Additional responsibilities include providing risk and audit reports to management, implementing organizational policies, and ensuring implemented solutions meet the security requirements for supported projects and initiatives.
• Perform as a Level 3/4- SME for the existing pertinent technologies
• Implement tasks/projects critical to the organizations boundary protection and malware mitigation technologies
• Design, deploy & manage Cyber Defense monitoring and prevention tools (DDoS, IPS/IDS, object sandboxing, etc.)
• Perform analysis of events/incidents and provide remediation suggestions to relevant owners
• Research and document security best practices to proactively identify security gaps including vendor review, new technology evaluations, demos, and proof of concept trials
• Partner with groups within the organization to ensure successful deployments of Cyber Defense Team's tools (e.g., Business lines, Network Operations, Database Mgmt, Risk Mgmt, Audit and Compliance, other ISS teams, Mid-Range Server Teams, Mainframe server teams, etc.)
• Participate in on-call rotation
• Participate in disaster recovery exercises
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Science, or equivalent work experience
• Five or more year of experience in information security
• Two or more years of experience in IT infrastructure management, application architecture, risk management, middleware technology, and IT project management
• 6 years of proven success in a similar security role
• Must be able to work independently and lead projects
• Familiarity with common industry best practices (ITIL, SDLC, AGILE, COBIT)
• A strong understanding of tiered defense-in-depth security design.
• Detailed technical knowledge in security engineering, system and network security, authentication and security protocols, security vulnerabilities and remediation techniques
• Confident ability to recognize security events of interest that may require improved detection/alerting capabilities.
• Extensive experience with Windows and Linux/Unix Servers
• Extensive experience in routing and switching technologies
• Familiar with emerging technologies in the security monitoring, event correlation and alert/detection space.
• Effectively communicate technical information to non-technical audiences and influencing others to comply with policies / conform to standards and best practices
• Excellent organizational, time management and interpersonal skills.
• Experience creating reports and dashboards for Metrics/KPIs
• Strong attention to detail and process.
• CISSP, GIAC, CISA, CISM or other appropriate certifications
• Project Management skills
• Security and IT Metrics experience a plus; Report creation abilities strongly desired.
• Experience with process automation and/or scripting (i.e. XML, C , VBA, Regular Expressions, python, pearl, etc)
• Experience with audit related tasks. Common Control Framework, NIST
Job: Information Technology
Primary Location: Georgia-GA-Atlanta
Shift: 1st - Daytime
Average Hours Per Week: 40
Requisition ID: 180044616
Other Locations: United States
U.S. Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating a diverse workforce.
U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.