Salary range $46,075 - $69,113
Reporting to the Dean of Occupational Programs, the Director of Manufacturing provides leadership for current and future manufacturing programs and partnerships at West Shore Community College. This position builds and maintains effective working relationships with both internal and external constituents. The Director of Manufacturing provides leadership for scheduling; curriculum development; compliance with accreditation, regulatory, and credentialing standards; and internship/apprenticeship placements within the manufacturing division, which includes the disciplines of welding, electrical/electronics, mechatronics, manufacturing, mechanical, precision machine technologies, and other related technologies. This position develops, articulates, and facilitates a shared vision for quality education and program growth through collaboration with faculty, staff, and administrators. The Director of Manufacturing also aligns and sustains College strategic planning priorities with the mission, activities, and outcomes of the program, as well as the core values of the College and the needs and expectations of stakeholder employers in the College's service area.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in relevant area of study (e.g. Manufacturing Technologies, Robotics, Engineering, Mechanical Design, Fabrication Welding, Industrial Technology, Mechatronics, or another discipline related to the duties of the position)
- Minimum four years’ experience within a manufacturing-related position
- Demonstrated leadership and management ability with a passion for the field of manufacturing
- Demonstrated oral/written communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills necessary for the position
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office programs
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external constituents