If you are looking for an opportunity to bring and put into action your exceptional skills with an industry-leading organization, we have been waiting for you to join us at Binson’s Medical Equipment & Supplies!
We are a dynamic, growing, family-owned company with over 13 locations in Michigan and Florida. We are inspired by a vision to enable people to do all the things they want to do, at home and on the go, with a motto of “Better Products, Better Services, Better Lives”.
As part of our continued success, we are currently seeking entry level and experienced professionals, to join our team. In this position, you will report to a supporting leader and be responsible for the following tasks which will involve training, advising, and coordination to ensure appropriate functioning of your role.
Qualifications: Must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. A BA from a 4-year college or university, or 1-2 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must maintain a valid LPN license in the State of Michigan. Must have the ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Must have the ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Must have the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Must have the ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Must have the ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry. Must have the ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Must have the ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Primary Purpose of Position: Responsible for all BIMS (Binson’s Indiana Medicaid Service) day-to-day LPN assessment functions to include assessments of recipient needs, correct product selection and quantities, problem resolution, and request for prior authorized services. Assist with overall product selection to include review of quality, price, and availability. Assist with quality assurance program.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities: Essential duties and responsibilities include the following:
1) After appropriate training, must have understanding of In-house company Software to include main files, CMNs, notes, assessments, FedEx/USPS tracking, HIPAA, eligibility, purchase orders, control files (products, physicians, and ICD-10 Codes) - function, menu options, and insurance types/verification process.
2) After appropriate training, must have knowledge of contractual responsibilities.
3) Performs nursing assessments for all new clients entering the BIMS Program.
4) Performs nursing assessments for any product changes, to include brand, size, quantities, every 6 months for clients with acute conditions, and renewals based on contractual guidelines.
5) Performs assessments and evaluation of problems and recommends solutions.
6) Selects and sends samples to clients of available products when needed to resolve problems.
7) Determine whether patient meets criteria for over quantity of supplies in accordance with payer criteria (i.e. letter from doctor, copies of patient records, etc.)
8) Ensures that quantities dispensed match needs, based on nursing assessment and physician orders/ CMNs.
9) Assists with quality assurance program, as needed.
10) Performs functions of BIMS CSR, when needed.
11) All other duties, as assigned.
Enjoy Competitive Wages & Benefits Including:
- Health, Dental, Vision & Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- 7 Paid Holidays
- Advancement Opportunities
- Training Provided