PURPOSE OF POSITION:
To support manufacturing operations by maintaining, trouble shooting and repairing all facilities and manufacturing equipment in a safe and orderly fashion as directed by the maintenance shift leader.
RESPONSIBILITY AND AUTHORITY:
- Help develop all maintenance apprentices and give guidance where needed.
- Must be able to safely use manual tools and power equipment common in the construction trades.
- Must be able to handle hazardous materials safely and tolerate exposure to electrical and other environmental hazards.
- Must exhibit high integrity and honesty.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITIONS:
- Troubleshoot and repair problems on plant facilities and production equipment of advanced nature in electrical, mechanical, hydraulic or pneumatic.
- Assists in the implementations and improvement of effective preventive maintenance programs for all equipment, performing scheduled maintenance on facilities and production equipment as required.
- Maintain and update equipment records, schematics, blueprints and files in orderly fashion.
- Obtain and attend training for professional development and to stay current on maintenance and safety requirements and other training as required.
- Complete all work in accordance with OSHA, NEC, JIC and DNR standards and regulations.
- Complete correspondence, forms and reports using personal computer and required software.
- Follow MRO crib procedures in order to maintain department part stock and inventory.
- Handle confidential information on a regular basis.
- To work in a safe, quality minded and productive manner with a sense of urgency to achieve maintenance deadlines and to attain production priorities as scheduled.
- Attend daily pre-shift meetings and carry out assigned workloads as directed by shift leader.
- Communicates with maintenance manager, maintenance shift leader and other plant personnel about maintenance concerns, providing complete action plans and status reports when required.
- Follows and supports MEVSM’s and Magna’s operating principles, including:
- Magna Employee Charter – Operating under its principles by treating all employees equally, fairly and with dignity and respect.
- Open Door Policy – Solves issues with two-way, open and friendly communication at the lowest level.
- 5S – Maintains and promotes good housekeeping by following the philosophy “Everything has a place. Everything in its place”.
- Safety First - Obey the plant’s safety rules and procedures by wearing PPE at all times and immediately addressing all safety concerns. Promotes an environment where zero injuries are the expected standard.
- Company quality and environmental policies.
- Supports efforts to achieve department and plant goals on Employee Opinion Survey.
- Works with vendors and/or contractors, displaying company values of honesty and integrity.
- Works with all shifts in design and development of improving methods and equipment through continuous improvement and lean manufacturing principles.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Ability to demonstrate the knowledge of programming/teaching robots
- Ability to demonstrate programming/troubleshooting knowledge of PLCs
- Must have good organizational skills.
- Must exhibit high integrity and honesty.
- Ability to read, write, analyze and interpret technical procedures, blueprints, diagrams, schematics, equipment instructions, requirements and business correspondences.
- Ability to effectively and appropriately present information and respond to questions from various groups.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Fabrication, mechanical and advanced electrical skills (National Electrical Code).
- Ability to obtain and hold a fork truck license.
- Ability to obtain and hold a boom/scissor lift license.
Some of the physical demands of this position include sitting for prolonged periods of time, walking up and down staircases, occasional lifting, and occasional stooping and bending. Must be able to perform physical activities, such as, but not limited to, lifting equipment (up to 40 lbs. unassisted), bending, standing, climbing or walking. May be required to adjust shifts as necessary.
EQUIPMENT / TOOLS USED:
Some of the equipment and tools used are computer, telephone, fax machine, copier/printer, and a projector, FANUC Robot.
EDUCATION/ KNOWLEDGE/ EXPERIENCE:
- Must have high school diploma or GED
- Associate degree (A.) and Journeyperson status as a maintenance electrician or relevant experience of ten years or more
- Computer proficiency, Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.
At Magna, we believe that a diverse workforce is critical to our success. That’s why we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We hire on the basis of experience and qualifications, and in consideration of job requirements, regardless of, in particular, color, ancestry, religion, gender, origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or gender identity. Magna takes the privacy of your personal information seriously. We discourage you from sending applications via email to comply with GDPR requirements and your local Data Privacy Law.