Bill Marsh Hyundai is currently seeking a Mentorship Full-Time Automotive Service Technician to add to its growing service department. We are looking for someone with communication and customer service skills, as well as physical, mechanical and analytical abilities.
This is a great opportunity to start your career in the automotive industry. We want to put you on the path to becoming an automotive technician. You will be taught personally by one of the most accomplished, productive and respected technicians in the industry. Through this mentorship, you will have the opportunity to become a Master Certified Technician and make money while you learn.
The starting wage is $12/hr plus bonus which most likely will be at least $13/hr. As labor hours on the stall and quality of work increases, compensation starts to convert to more bonus than hourly. Mentorship technicians have the opportunity to move into $25k-$39k yearly compensation. The 2nd third of our technicians earn between $40-$60k and the top 1/3 of our technicians earn $65k-$90k+.
- Basic knowledge of automobiles and computers. Enjoy working as a team.
- Positive, friendly attitude along with a customer service mentality.
- Willingness to earn State of Michigan certifications or have them already.
- Willingness to learn new technology, new repair and service procedures or specifications.
- Willingness to learn the best process to ensure that every critical part, every complex system and every component is secure and working properly.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, Valid Driver’s license.
- Ensure that cars are kept clean, undamaged, and without changes to the interior settings.
- Attend factory-sponsored training classes. Be able to stand for long periods of time
- Keep shop area neat and clean and be able to account for all dealership owned tools at all times
- Adhere to all attendance, punctuality, and timekeeping standards
After your mentorship, you should be able to
- Operate electronic diagnostic equipment, power tools and common hand tools to work on both large-scale and small-scale parts. Diagnose cause of any malfunction and perform repair
- Perform work as outlined on repair order with efficiency and accuracy.
- Communicate with parts department to obtain needed parts
- Examine the vehicle to determine if any additional safety or service work is needed.
- Let service advisor know immediately if additional work is needed, if work outlined is not needed or if repairs cannot be completed within the time promised.
- Document work performed and recommended on the repair order then give to service advisor
- Road test customer vehicles
Our Commitment to You
- Our team members enjoy terrific benefits which include:
- Excellent Compensation
- Paid Vacation
- Medical, dental, vision benefits & life insurance
- 401 (k)