*This position is eligible for a $1,000 hiring incentive as outlined in the EightCAP, Inc. 0-5 Head Start Hiring Incentive Policy.
(Gratiot/Isabella/ & Clinton Counties)
Position: *0-5 Head Start Classroom Aide
Classification: PA 01-03 ($14.47 - $15.89 - $17.12) _________ ____
Work Weeks: 41-44 Hours: 40/week___________ __
Supervisor: 0-5 Head Start Education Coordinator_________________
Positions Supervised: None
Essential Function of Job:
The 0-5 Head Start Classroom Aide works collaboratively with classroom staff to ensure the implementation of the 0-5 Head Start program in accordance with the Head Start Program Performance Standards, Child Day Care Licensing Requirements, and CACFP Regulations.
Examples of Work:
(Any one position may not include all the duties listed nor do the listed examples include all tasks which may be found in the positions of this class.)
- Provide a safe, healthy, and organized environment for children through daily monitoring of activities and maintenance of the classroom environment.
- Assist with children and activities in the classroom, as directed.
- Prepare meals and snacks as outlined on menus.
- Familiarize and follow all policies, procedures, and requirements as set forth in Head Start Program Performance Standards, Child Day Care Licensing, and CACFP.
- Communicate positively with children, parents, volunteers, and staff in verbal and non-verbal interactions.
- Attend required trainings and complete a minimum of 16 clock hours of professional development training annually on topics relevant to job responsibilities.
- Assist in record keeping as assigned.
- Notify Supervisor in advance if unable to work.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Requirements of Work:
- Good listening skills, verbal communication, and positive methods of guidance.
- Ability to work as a team member.
- A demonstrated ability to interact positively with parents and children in a non-judgmental way.
- Capability to lift and carry up to 40 pounds.
- Access to reliable transportation.
- An initial health examination (that includes screening for tuberculosis) and a periodic re-examination (as recommended by health care provider or as mandated by State or local laws).
- Posses a valid Michigan Driver’s License and satisfactory driving record.
- Absence of exclusionary findings on a Comprehensive Criminal History Check.
- Effective, January 31, 2022, the Office of Head Start (OHS) requires all Head Start staff to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Exemptions may be granted for individuals who request and receive an exemption from vaccination because of a:
- Medical condition, or medical necessity requires a delay in vaccination, as documented by a licensed medical practitioner (as a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act).
- Sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance (established under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964).
Those who are granted an exemption for one of the reasons listed above are required to undergo weekly testing for current SARS COV-2 infection.
Aside from those who are granted exemptions for one of the reasons above, there is no testing option as an alternative to the vaccine requirement.
Required Minimum Training and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Experience with early childhood programs preferred.
- Successful completion of all training topics, as required by Child Day Care Licensing, within specified timeframes.
- Completion of 16 clock hours of professional development training, annually.