Radioscopic and radiographic inspects metal castings, sample parts, and structural members for internal soundness.
REPORTS TO: X-Ray Team Leader who reports to Shift Supervisor
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Shall read and interpret radioscopic or radiographic images to accept or reject castings in immediate review room and at units on production floor.
- Shall follow and adhere to the NDT certification program.
- Shall perform radioscopic inspections in which certification has been achieved, per the written instructions supplied by the company or customers.
- Shall not deviate from written instructions unless administered written authorization from the Quality Manager.
- Shall only practice NDT method(s) for which certification(s) have been administered and granted by the company.
- Demonstrate ability to follow procedures in the radioscopic and radiographic techniques for which certified.
- Ensures that x-ray equipment is functioning within operating parameters correctly.
- Observes x-ray equipment for malfunction and makes adjustments or repairs as directed to ensure that the equipment will operate at maximum efficiency, safely, and correctly.
- Recommends measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product.
- Completes all production & quality paperwork; ensures paperwork is completed in a timely manner.
- Relieves other employees for breaks, as needed.
- Recommends improvements for completing tasks and/or for casting improvement.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. These requirements are, however, subject to the discretion of the hiring manager. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Near Vision: Jaeger Type 1 at 12 inches (30.5 cm) or greater (Appendix J)
- Color Vision: Must demonstrate normal color perception on all 15 Ishihara plates
- Must be able to read and understand work instructions
- Must be able to write and complete required paperwork
- Must have basic math skills - add, subtract, multiply, and divide.
- Must have ability to utilize a basic calculator.
- Must be able to communicate effectively
- Must be team-oriented, able to problem-solve and troubleshoot.
- Excellent attendance and safety record.
Ability to lift up to 25 lbs
Sitting - 50%
Ability to work in conditions which may include seasonal hot and humid conditions, dust, noise and other elements for extended periods of time.