JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY: To assist the Production Manager in processing work through the company while embracing all policies and procedures.
Required: High School Diploma.
Preferred: Continuing education or degree in a manufacturing related field.
Required: Valid Drivers License
Preferred: Machinist or millwright certification
Required: Familiarity and hands-on experience with equipment and materials.
Preferred: 2 years experience in a $2mm to $10mm precision CNC machining job shop.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities: The ability to effectively communicate between the Production Manager and the members of the department. Must be able to forecast job times and identify appropriate work-centers and methods for performing the assigned tasks. This position requires a positive attitude and a leadership mentality promoting ideals conducive to company growth.
Mathematics: Sufficient computational and spatial ability to read, write and interpret working drawings, as well as job work orders and write programs for CNC equipment.
Working Conditions: The lead person will spend the majority of their time on the floor, performing regularly scheduled duties. Departures for training and meetings will be performed on an as needed basis.
Be accountable to monitor the duties and tasks that have been established for the Department including productivity, quality, safety, and housekeeping.
Duties and Tasks:
- Assist the Production Manager in dispensing work orders. Make adjustments to the schedule to compensate for irregularities in product flow and to maximize productive machine time usage. Assist to ensure that everything that needs to be done is getting done.
- Verify that all department members have appropriate and accurate documentation to complete the work orders to the customer's specifications. Verify that they are completing the required documentation associated with their assigned tasks. Verify that document corrections are being noted.
- Verify use of stored machine programs and process sheets for repeat jobs. Verify that the latest process improvements are being utilized and documented.
- Communicate irregular stock processing needs with the saw attendants. Notify Production Manager if any material quality or quantity deficiencies are observed.
- Communicate regularly with the Production Manager regarding the status of current production, any tooling needs and suggestions for improvements in process, tooling, personnel use, machine use, etc.
- Provide assistance with product validation. Always be attentive to and educate others to ensure that proper measurement procedures are being used.
- Assist to ensure that people, machines and other company resources are being utilized to the maximum of their effectiveness and productivity. Notify the Production Manager when it is observed that productivity and effectiveness are less that expected.
- Help to reduce waste in time, materials, etc. and decrease the cost of production.
- Promote a positive attitude, an accomplishment-oriented work ethic, quality conscientiousness, safety awareness and clean & orderly work habits.
- Co-control of material and inventory with Shipping & Receiving Coordinator
QUALITY OF SAFETY, HEALTH, AND COMPLIANCE:
- Maintain a clean, safe, and orderly work environment.
- Monitor, promote and enforce programs designed to maintain effective compliance with all laws concerning; safety, health, EEO, affirmative action and the environment.
- Know & utilize standards to assure safe, healthy work environments complying with OSHA & MIOSHA.
- Understand, perform and at all times act in compliance with all EEO and affirmative action laws and promote equal employment opportunity regardless of race, weight, age, familial status, religion, or national origin.
- Promote team-building approaches, provide encouragement, and maintain involvement to ensure improved morale, a positive attitude and a sense of participation by all personnel.
- Participate in the development and implementation of programs to control and minimize waste, scrap, and rework; coordinates activities to achieve maximum team efforts.
- Participate in the development and implementation of cost improvement programs to increase labor efficiency, material handling, and minimize waste throughout all shifts.
- Participate in the development and implementation of plans for equipment maintenance to minimize production disruptions and equipment downtime.
- Aim to exceed quality standard objectives per month for all jobs and customers.
OTHER MISCELLANEOUS JOB CRITERIA:
- Demonstrates problem-solving abilities and good judgment in investigating problems.
- Maintains a cooperative working relationship with all personnel and demonstrates the ability to tactfully handle difficult situations.
- Demonstrates the ability to prioritize a schedule.
- Leads by example with exemplary attendance, punctual breaks and lunch periods and efficiently performing production duties.
MEASURES OF PERFORMANCE:
- Meeting, maintaining and improving on-time deliveries, scrap & rework and other quality goals.
- Continuous improvements - effective implementation of plans, programs, and techniques to improve productivity, quality within the organization as well as self.
- Over all satisfaction of the Production Manager.