Are you a master of your craft? CBK is an exciting new venue at Gun Lake Casino focused on craftsmanship in beer and cocktails, and we're looking for a specialty bartender to provide service that meets the high quality of beverages they serve. CBK, or Craft Beer Kitchen, is inspired by the rich culture of breweries in Michigan. Be one of the first to join the warm and welcoming atmosphere at CBK, complete with than 100 brews on tap in a floor-to-ceiling keg display and an outdoor fireplace.
Gun Lake Casino is one of West Michigan's Best & Brightest employers looking for talented and unique individuals who take pride in their work and are ready to provide "unsurpassed service" to our Guests. We offer $20k+ in free benefits to our Team Members, including free medical insurance and free shift meals. We're dedicated to taking care of our Team Members and Guests, going above and beyond in providing safety and stability during the COVID-19 pandemic. GLC offers you the chance to "Own Your Future" and grow your career with our Job Coach program and opportunities for advancement.
The Specialty Bartender serves food and beverages to Guests and Beverage Servers in an "Unsurpassed Service" manner, maintains a clean, attractive environment in accordance with all Company standards, policies, and procedures. Initiates and engages in positive Guest interactions in a professional and courteous manner. Must be Cicerone Beer Server certified.
High School Diploma or GED preferred
- One (1) year of prior experience preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
Must be at least twenty-one (21) years of age.
Must be a minimum of a certified Cicerone Beer Server within two weeks of hire.
Demonstrated knowledge of basic cocktail mixtures.
Ability to communicate effectively with Guests, Team Members, and Management in both written and verbal forms.
Ability to manage time with minimal supervision.
Ability to work effectively in a high-volume environment while maintaining proper portion control, safety, health, and service standards.
Must have cash handling experience; responsible for all transactions in a Casino environment.
Must be TIPS certified or be able to pass within 3 weeks of employment.
Must be able to work a flexible schedule.
Must be willing and able to participate in ongoing training.
Must be able to obtain a Health Card and Alcohol Awareness Card. Must keep all required cards on you during your shift.
Serve alcohol responsibly in accordance with Alcohol Awareness training.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Responsible for practicing, supporting, and promoting Gun Lake Casino's culture of Guest service and demonstrating Gun Lake's "Unsurpassed Service" standards at all times.
• Responsible for knowing the types of classes (i.e. well, call, premium, ultra & specialty) and brand names of the products we offer. Must be familiar with the acceptable alternative item to offer a Guest in the event an item ordered is not available.
• Must be able to prepare and pour drinks in a timely manner. Must be able to utilize jigger to measure & pour to Company standards. Must have detailed knowledge and understanding of portion size standards. Must be able to operate all soda, juice, and liquor guns.
• Perform proper shaking standards as determined by the Company.
• Have a thorough understanding and knowledge of all drink recipes and the preparation and garnishment of the drinks. Use appropriate glassware as determined by outlet and/or drink recipes.
• Maintain a clean, properly stocked, and organized bar, lounge, dining area, and side station including, but not limited to all glassware, condiments, and dry goods.
• Verify par levels for all products and equipment needs within the designated work area at the beginning of each shift. Must bring shortages and/or needs to the attention of the manager on duty.
• Be approachable to internal and external Guests. Be able to anticipate Guests' needs and check on them regularly.
• Deliver all food and beverage items to the Guests in a timely and accurate fashion.
• Inform manager on duty of any Team Member or Guest opportunities.
• Knowledge of Company Safety procedures and emergency evacuation procedures for the Guests and Team Members.
• Must ensure all health and safety regulations are followed. The bartender must maintain required bar cleanliness throughout the shift.
• Have a full understanding and ability to operate all applicable InfoGenesis POS screens. Able to handle Company funds through cash transactions on the POS system in accordance with all Company policies and procedures. Able to maintain accurate and proper comp and cash handling procedures. Ensures there is no co-mingling of funds.
• Handle the chemicals for the glass washing machine in a safe manner. Have knowledge of where the SDS booklet is located for the area.
• Responsible and accountable for all cash variances +/- $5.00.
• Responsible for the verification of all liquor deliveries. Verify the form against the accrual product received and make a notation of items not received. The bartender must notify management of all shortages or overage on the delivery.
• Must run and comply with all closing reports and procedures at the end of the shift in accordance with the Company's departmental standards.
• Write and cash Keno tickets for guests.
• Keep all Keno racks fully supplied.
• Beverage Team Members must be able to answer Guest's questions and be familiar with all menu items within their outlet. Team Members must practice service standards and appropriate sequence of service for food and beverage service.
• Must maintain "Unsurpassed Service" personal grooming and uniform standards per departmental and Company standards.
• Must maintain proper flow of beverage service to internal and external guests in accordance with all Gun Lake Casino's standards and cocktail call procedures, in an "Unsurpassed Service" and efficient manner.
Requires normal, corrective vision range, the ability to see color, and the ability to distinguish letters, numbers, and symbols.
Must be capable of lifting up to 50 lbs. with or without assistance.
Ability to climb, push, pull, stoop, grasp, walk, sit, stand, bend and reach for the duration of shift.
Requires manual dexterity to operate job-related equipment.
Requires normal hearing range.
Work is typically in an area that may be unusually hot, cold, and/or noisy and may contain secondhand smoke. Work may be performed in small areas with a 3 ft. high access. Tasks performed from a non-sitting position. Team Members will be required to stand walk, lift, reach, push, pull and grasp. These tasks include the maintenance and care of the assigned areas. Work may entail trained chemical usage. Constant contact with fellow Team Members and Guests.
DISCLAIMER AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by persons assigned to this job. These statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process. The pre-employment process also requires the ability to pass a criminal background investigation, and drug/alcohol test.
The Match-E-Be-Nash-She-Wish Band of Pottawatomi Indians abides by Native American preference in its hiring and employment policies.
Gun Lake Tribal Gaming Authority reserves the right