Role and Responsibilities
· Basic understanding of welding with MIG welding process.
· Show basic understanding of welding using Oxy-Fuel and Plasma Arc Cutting equipment.
· Be able to set parameters on their welding machine with guidance from the supervisor and understand the information that is listed on the Welding Procedure Specifications (WPS).
· Welding of parts in various directions (flat, horizontal, vertical and overhead, overlap, outside corners, etc.) as well as out of position welding (standing on machine, welding underneath machine, etc.)
· Clamping, holding, tack-welding, heat-bending, bolting or grinding parts as necessary to satisfy the technical requirements and create a satisfactory welded final product
· Operate other accessory equipment and performing tasks necessary for welding such as Oxygen/acetylene cutting torches, plasma cutter, power hand tools, overhead hoists and magnets
· Control the processes of fitting, burning and welding to avoid problems in relation to overheat, distortion, expansion or sharing of parts
· Examining finish product to insure they meet specifications required and completing job check sheets to ensure completion.
· Proper use of personal protective equipment to ensure the safety of the employee and others around their workspace.
· Properly store and organize workstation as to promote safety and cleanliness adhering to shop, building and industry standards.
Essential Job Functions/Physical Demands
· The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and use buddy system or equipment for heavier weights.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
· Employee is frequently required to walk, sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
· Employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls.
· Employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms.
· Employee is required to be able to follow written and verbal instructions from department supervisor.
· While performing the duties of this job, employees work near moving mechanical parts or in outside weather conditions.
· Employees are exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes, toxic or caustic chemicals
· Noise level in the work environment is high.
· Ability to read tape measure and a level
· Ability to read assembly drawings
· Basic Math Skills
· Ability to read blueprints
· Knowledge of welder settings, adjustments and overall operations
· 2-4 years’ experience in a wide variety of welding work
· High School Diploma preferred