Do you have a skilled eye? Enjoy working with computers and diagrams? Are you an individual who is fascinated by software and what computers can do?
A family-owned, rapidly-growing, local flooring company with a strong foothold in the metropolitan Detroit area. We have an immediate opening for a long-term, full-time, entry-level Order Entry Technician at our corporate offices in Troy, Michigan, and are seeking …
YOU, if you:
- Like and want an upbeat, fast-paced environment filled with recognition and opportunity;
- Can produce results under deadlines;
- Are patient, can research and have an eye for detail; and
- Can maintain a positive, upbeat and winning attitude.
This isn’t just data entry measured by keystrokes. Our Order Entry Technicians are responsible for transferring data from sales contracts and other source documents, verifying information by dotting “i”s and crossing “t”s, and for analyzing and creating floorplan diagrams for installation of our flooring products with an emphasis on the reduction of waste. This is the perfect opportunity for someone eager to learn the technical aspects of a retail environment, who is flexible, and has a natural affinity for producing a quality deliverable.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Be an earnest and dependable individual who will primarily work a late afternoon/evening shift of 3.00 p.m. to 11.30 p.m., Monday through Friday. Some weekend and holiday shifts will be required, as well.
- Have a client/”street ready” appearance, and possess an analytical, problem-solving mentality.
- Possess proficiency in the Google Office Suite and the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Have the ability to learn and master industry-specific software (RFMS).
- Have strong attendance, self-motivation, multi-tasking proficiency and time management/organization skills (WE ARE BUSY!).
- Be an effective communicator and listener.
- Have an administrative background within a team environment.
- Possess above-average mathematical/measurement skills.
- Previous flooring experience.
- Some college coursework.
- Bilingual ability, particularly in Spanish or Arabic.
Additionally, our candidates must:
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Possess a valid driver's license, with reliable transportation to and from work.
- Be able to pass a monitored, pre-employment drug screen.
- Be able to physically lift ten (10) pounds regularly and move items of various weights and sizes.
- Be available to work varied hours, Monday through Sunday.
We will train the right individual. This position offers medical, dental and optical benefits after 90 days of employment. Internal advancement opportunities will be available as the incumbent’s skills develop and the company continues its growth track. Our starting wage is $13.00 per hour (commensurate with any previous experience and skills sets), subject to regular review as skills develop.
No third-party recruiters or inquiries, please.