Position: Peer Support Specialist
FTE: PT, Non-Exempt
Department/Location: Navigate Department
Wage: $17.24 hourly. Prorated benefits package.
Additional Compensation: $1000 New Hire Bonus
Peer Support Specialist (PSS)
Network180 employees make a difference in people’s lives every day, making our community a better place to live. We are the community organization responsible for the delivery of mental health, substance abuse treatment coordination, and developmental disabilities services for Kent County. We need individuals who are passionate about making a difference by helping others.
We are seeking a Peer Support Specialist will assist individuals in understanding and using mental health and substance use disorders services. The Peer Support Specialist will model competency in recovery and demonstrate on-going coping skills.
This is a part time, 20 hours a week position, within the hours of Monday to Friday, 8 am to 5 pm, but some evenings are required. No weekends or Holidays.
Network180 has made the safety of our employees a priority. We provide Personal Protection Equipment to our employees and thorough safety and cleaning protocols are in place. Staff providing services in person are required to wear appropriate PPE.
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Certification as Peer Support Specialist preferred OR to obtain certification in first year of employment Must be receiving or has received mental health services for treatment of psychosis or psychosis related disorder , currently in stable recovery and ready to help others.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license and access to reliable transportation for job related use
- Knowledge and skills sufficient for establishing effective relationships with consumers who have a mental illness, and/or substance use disorders, their families, and team members
- Knowledge about mental illnesses and/or substance use disorders as well as about recovery and crisis planning
- Computer skills, including word processing, spreadsheets, email, and data entry skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent problem-solving skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed on the job description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
For a detailed job description and responsibilities please see pdf document attached to this posting. Applications are accepted until filled. Network180 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Network180 participates on E-Verify.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Assistance with the application process may be requested through the Human Resources Department at 616 336-3909 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are committed to attracting a diverse and talented work force to meet the needs of our diverse community. Network180 offers an attractive benefit package including health, dental, vision, retirement plan, life insurance, and short- and long-term disability.
Network180 will operate as an equal opportunity employer. Network180 will not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of race, color, religion, ethnicity, national origin, gender, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any other protected class status.