The Connected Services Design Release Engineer - Intermediate works with external/internal groups/suppliers to produce the development plan of the various components within the complete system for the features assigned to them. The Connected Services Design Release Engineer will be responsible for participating in and performing, but not limited to, the following tasks:
· Lead Development of feature to Customer launch.
Work with Architects to review design requirements,
Work with Suppliers to implement development based on
Integration test and work with Qualification team to generate
Work on Change Requests and Continuous Improvements and change
management of Connected Vehicle applications and services.
Work onsite with engineering and stake holders to build
relationships and find ways to leverage and maximize technical documentation.
Responsible for developing and maintaining all components and
interface specified for the feature.
Development of plans by WBS with multiple stake holders involved
in the feature.
Understand data flows as it relates to the cloud to comprehend
all SDP requirements.
Manage change process for all system interfaces (CRs, Continuous
Improvements, and Defect Resolution).
Manage and coordinate with suppliers/partners to ensure
completeness for interface and component development.
Managing issue triage, prioritization and resolution working
closely with business and development teams.
Weekly status presentation to management and stakeholders.
Setup and run weekly working level meetings with key
· BSEE, BSCS or Information Technology degree.
· 3+ Years of current continuous Automotive Electrical and/or Connectivity work experience including:
o 3 year in automotive electrical development and design.
o 3 year in telematics connectivity.
· Technical skills include: Vehicle CAN Bus tools, Logging tools, Proficient in MS Office applications.
· Technically astute in automotive based electronics hardware, software & quality systems, mobile handset and server based electronics hardware & software.
· Ability to understand feature specifications, functional and timing requirements and plan test scenarios.
· Experience in feature development, testing and validation.
· Experience in defect/issue defect resolution and management.
· Excellent Organization & Communication Skills with sound decision making.
· Ability to multitask and prioritize projects and tasks.
· Fast Learner, Clear, concise, precise communication skills both oral and written.
· Ability to discern what issues need management escalation and when.
· Ability to lead piers and suppliers to achieve goals.
· Pleasantly aggressive personality, self-motivated, organized.
· Comfortable when working in a loosely defined role.
· Passion for telematics and internet / Smart Phone based applications.
· Will be required to drive a company car.
· A valid driver's license is required as well as a clean driving record.
· Will be required to travel domestically up to 20%
Category Automotive Connectivity
Req ID JN -012021-115128