The Design Engineer is a team member responsible for supporting solutions design by creating 3D models, animation and simulation of warehousing and material handling/ automation solutions. This role will support the Design team by providing 3D models of warehouse/ material handling designs. Other responsibilities will include providing CAD drawings in support of the lead Engineer using 2D and 3D CAD tools (AutoCad, 3ds Max, Navisworks or similar), provide simulation support to the Design team and other design input as required.
· 2D & 3D drafting and modeling of material handling, warehousing and fulfillment solutions
· Provide simulation support through by modeling material handling/ warehousing designs.
· Provide input to warehouse layout and design
· Provide content to support customer facing content for presentation and proposals
· Meet frequently with customers and cross-functional bid response team.
· Support technical review presentations and design validation meetings
· Develop and improve engineering tools and methodologies to ensure industry best practices
· Bachelor's degree in Industrial Engineering or related degree required
· Three (3) years or more related work experience in 3D modeling/ drafting required
· Three (3) years or more related work experience in the Warehousing and/or Manufacturing industry (e.g., Industrial Engineering, Warehouse Operations, Operations) preferred
Req ID JN -122020-115066