: DMC Harper University Hospital
has distinguished itself in surgery and medicine and is known for its clinical expertise and innovative research. A specialty referral hospital, Harper has established Centers of Excellence in neurosciences, bariatric surgery, vascular services, multidisciplinary cardiovascular services, hypertension, stroke prevention and heart failure.
Under general supervision and according to established policies and procedures, carries out all technical aspects of cardiac catheterization procedures. Assesses all parameters and performance during procedures. Required to make value judgments pertaining to patient condition and safety
1. Associates degree in Science with a major in Cardiovascular Technology, or
2. Completion of an accredited Cardiovascular Technology Training Program and/or equivalent combination of education and job related experience, or
3. Completion of the first year of a two year accredited Cardiovascular program.
4. Registration with the National Board of Cardio Vascular Testing preferred.
5. Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) required.
6. Advanced Cardiac Life Support certification (ACLS) within 6 months of hire for employees working in adult setting or Pediatric Advanced Life Support certification (PALS) within 1 year of hire for employees working in pediatric setting.
7. Must have 2 years of Surgical Tech experience