Tests power distribution equipment utilizing insulation testers, high voltage test sets, relay test sets, high-current test sets, rotation meters, power factor bridges, etc. Installs and plans the installation, testing, energizing and operation of electrical power distribution equipment. Prepares drawings, one-line diagrams, follows and edits diagrams and blueprints ensuring that wiring and equipment is installed and operates in the proper sequence and manner. Utilize hand tools, machines, etc. Installs, splices, terminates wiring and installs equipment such as power breakers, relays, power transformers, automatic transfer switches, etc.
Must be willing to work varied hours as clients schedule require, regular hours are 7:00 am - 4:00 pm
Greater Detroit Metro Area, minor travel (less than 10%) outside local area is required.
- Electrical Engineering Technology, GPA of 2.7 or better preferred
- Electrical and Mechanical skills required
- Valid driver's license and clean record
- Drug testing initially and periodically
- Must meet background investigation as required by our clients
- Journeyman Industrial Electrician preferred or will consider an entry-level apprentice
- Capable of performing lifting, climbing, carrying, etc. with our electrical work