The Rogel Cancer Center is a University of Michigan Ambulatory Care facility dedicated to providing high quality health care services. We are located at 1500 E. Medical Center Drive in Ann Arbor, MI. We are actively seeking a compassionate, enthusiastic, and patient-focused individual who will share in the goal of crafting the ideal experience for our patients, families, and employees.
Why work for Michigan Medicine?
You will play an integral role within our institution and are important to providing the highest quality service to patients and their loved ones. We are eager to assist you in becoming a well-rounded employee and individual, and to help you advance in your career. Don’t hesitate – join our team today and help us provide remarkable assistance to our patients in the Cancer Center.
The individual chosen will be responsible for meeting the highest standards of customer service including, exhibiting a professional and positive image when interacting with patients, faculty, and staff.
What perks and benefits can you look forward to?
Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
The position works with the Gold Team in the Cancer Center. Primarily responsible for checking patients out after their medical appointments, scheduling and coordinating future appointments, Infusion therapies, tests, Radiation Oncology (if needed) and procedures. Able to accurately and efficiently schedule patients utilizing MiChart. Able to identify the best available appointment type for the patient’s particular appointment. Takes payments for services. Able to request and process all patient payments; both co-pays and outstanding balances. Accurately reconciles and balances receipts and payments collected. Able to enter valid and complete information into Cadence. Follows protocols for verifying all patient demographics and insurance information. Other clerical duties such as assigned.
- High School diploma or an equivalent combination of education and experience is necessary.
- General office practices, ability to understand medical documentation and general knowledge of medical terminology is required.
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written skills.
- Candidate must be an active team player and be able to work independently.
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills are required along with outstanding customer service skills.
- Demonstrated record of excellent attendance.
- Exhibits professional and positive image when interacting with patients, faculty, and staff.
- Able to handle multiple responsibilities in a fast-paced environment with accuracy.
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to move from position to position during the shift of work.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Demonstarted active listening, written, verbal, and information techology skills.
Assistant Level: 0-2 years experience.
Associate Level: 2-3 years experience.
- Knowledge of University policies and procedures.
- Working knowledge of medical terms, testing and procedures is desired.
- Previous clerical work in a hospital setting.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, Careweb, Outlook, EPIC and the ability to navigate between these systems.
- Experience working within a large, complex healthcare setting.
Monday-Friday 40 hours
This position may be underfilled at a lower classification depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
We, the staff and faculty of the Rogel Comprehensive Cancer Center team, are committed to advancing medicine and serving humanity through living and teaching our core values of Respect and Compassion; Collaboration; Innovation; and Commitment to Excellence.
Each employee is expected to understand and demonstrate that in every interaction we represent our entire organization in the care we provide and in the courtesies we extend to patients, families, and each respective team member. The Rogel Cancer Center is dedicated to partnering with patients and families to deliver the safest and highest quality of health care. Ensuring a Patient and Family centered experience according to the Health System Service Excellence Goals is a priority to the care of our patients. The individual chosen will be responsible for meeting the highest standards of customer service including, exhibiting a professional and positive image when interacting with patients, faculty and staff.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This j