This position is in a Penicillin Facility. The candidate cannot be allergic to Penicillin. Veterans are encouraged to apply.
This position maintains and repairs production, filling, packaging, inspection, and conveying systems and equipment as well as maintains and repairs facilities and Utilities equipment to ensure operation as specified and in compliance with cGMP requirements and the Occupational Health and Safety Act for a pharmaceutical production facility.
Responsible for priority assessment and decision making as it relates to troubleshooting, diagnostics, disassembly, assembly, repair, identifying and replacing parts and a proactive maintenance of systems and mechanical equipment in a cost-effective manner.
Equipment Preventive Maintenance Responsibilities:
- Performs Preventive and predictive Maintenance of Production, Packaging and Utilities equipment and controls systems, following the established guidelines as documented in the Computerized Maintenance Management System (EAMS), equipment operational procedures, site and Manufacturer recommended maintenance practices
- Reports opportunities captured during Preventive Maintenance execution
- Provides recommendations for Preventive Maintenance task improvements
- Follow the weekly maintenance plan and alerts when there might be a risk of not complying with the schedule
- Generates and completes maintenance work orders on the EAMS system
Equipment Troubleshooting Responsibilities:
- Installs, inspects, troubleshoots, repairs, and maintains the equipment of all manufacturing, filling, packaging, inspection equipment
- Possesses basic knowledge of machining principles is required which includes working from blueprints, sketches, or measurements, utilizes power tools (Mills, Lathes, Welders, etc) in machine shop to fabricate and modify parts from various materials including stainless steel and plastic.
- Required to read and understand drawings / blueprints, utilizing this knowledge for the installation / repair of new and existing equipment
- Aligns and replaces mechanical seals and impellers/propellers in pumps and mixers.
- Realigns spindles and shafts, scraping and fitting precision bearings, electric motor gearing, gearboxes, repairing and adjusting clutches, repairing valves, solenoids and cylinders, fitting precision parts, cutting and matching gears, changing feed and speed control gears, setting automatic timing devices, aligning and balancing work and ensuring that the completed work is properly functioning and in a safe operating condition
- Develops solutions to routine problems following established policies and procedures.
- Utilizes tools, equipment, ladders, lifts, etc., in safe manner per plant safety procedures. Maintains a clean and safe job-site at all times. Participates in safety training programs.
- Troubleshoots and repairs mechanical mechanisms (doors, seals, etc.) on equipment such as sterilizers.
- Reads and follows SOPs, Job Aids, PMs, work orders and other required documents and procedures necessary to correctly install and maintain product manufacturing, filling equipment and packaging equipment.