Porter Corp., SIPs division is a company that produces structural insulated panels for residential and commercial structures. PorterSIPs is the oldest SIP manufacturer in existence and continues to be one of the industry leaders. Due to increased volumes and energy codes, we have immediate openings on 2nd shift for SIP panel shapers. This position is responsible for final shaping and finishing of Structural Insulated Panels by operating hand tools following blue print specifications. Interested candidates should be possess prior experience in carpentry and production set up. Must be able to read a tape measure and blue prints and operate hand routers, table saws, panel saws and other carpentry tools. This is a multi-task position. There is a second shift premium.
- Fabrication of SIPs utilizing various hand tools
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment
- Maintain quality standards
- Problem solving in tough situations
- Operate hi-lo and overhead cranes
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Basic construction/carpentry/woodworking skills
- Able to read blue prints
- Able to read measurement tools
- Basic computer and math skills
- Able to lift 75 lbs.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Skilled in using power and hand tools
- Effective communication and problem-solving skills
- Able to stand, reach outward and above, bending frequently and walking
- Reliable attendance
- Effective communication with fellow team members
- Ability to adhere to and maintain quality standards
- Strong work ethic
Benefits include: Medical, Dental, Vision, PTO, Holiday's, 401 (k), STD and LTD, Life Insurance, Uniforms, Employee Assistance Program.
Porter Corp., a PlayCore company, considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.