Insurance / Benefits on Day 1
Clean & Climate controlled environment
We love what we do! At Aspen Surgical we live our values of Respect, Transparency, Speed, Empowerment, Passion and Fun every day. This caring dedication creates and builds exceptional products that drive the industry standard making a real and lasting impact on people’s lives around the world. We strive to be the best, while providing the tools, resources, and support needed to set our team members up for success. Do you want to be appreciated for your hard work? Be a member of a dynamic, fast-growing organization? View your job as a joy rather than a burden? Then we have a position for you!
Aspen Surgical offers competitive benefits on Day One including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, and 401K with company match as well as annual merit increases and discretionary annual bonus potential.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: – Other duties may be assigned
- Evaluate proposed changes to existing products and complete deliverables required to implement the change through individual efforts or cross functional teams
- Ensure that product changes meet both internal and external customer requirements
- Conduct the development and evaluation of designs which meet defined product requirements and that are optimized for production, reliability, and overall cost to the business
- Support design/sustaining functions of acquisitions and other business migrations.
- Recommend and communicate project plans, tasks and deliverables, and manage time to meet project deadlines
- Participate in troubleshooting and problem solving efforts related to development projects. Provide thorough engineering analysis and data
- Work with manufacturing throughout the development phases in order to ensure that products are produced in a safe, efficacious and quality manner while keeping within established time frames
- Interface with vendors, manufacturing facilities and various internal groups to resolve design and manufacturing issues of new and existing products
- Remain current with technology and trends within the business
- Provide general technical assistance to various inter departments/individuals as necessary in the exploration of new opportunities and/or problem solving issues with existing products
- Perform other tasks or projects as assigned by Manager of Sustaining
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering or closely related 4 year Technical degree is required with 3 or more years of medical device product development, or sustaining engineering experience
- Alternately, a Master of Science degree with 2 or more years of medical device product development, or sustaining engineering experience
- Involvement with invention disclosures or patents
- Continuous learning focus to advance job knowledge through professional associations etc.
- Prefer regulated industry experience that includes FDA and ISO requirements
- Experience working on projects with Plastic Injection Molding part design and implementation