To ensure that all electrical / electronic components, equipment and systems are in optimum working order in accordance with LP safety, environmental and quality guidelines..
- Perform all duties in accordance with safety, quality, and environmental rules and regulations
- Diagnoses and corrects malfunctions of electrical / electronic components of OSB production machines
- Programs and operates test equipment
- Installs, sets up, calibrates instrumentation controls
- Schedules and performs preventative maintenance on equipment
- Plans projects utilizing knowledge of technical requirements, analysis of blueprints and electrical schematics
- Builds metal frames and stand for electrical equipment
- Operates computer and installs software
Skills, knowledge, abilities:
- Ability to stand for extended periods
- Knowledge of computers, PLC, test equipment, pipe benders, chart recorders and scope
- Ability to operate manlift, forklift, and aerial lift
- Good safety record and thorough knowledge of current safety rules regulations
- Time management and organizational skills
- Strong communication skills with the ability to work in a team environment
- High School diploma or equivalent desired.
- 2 years electronics training in vocational / technical school desirable
- State Certified Journeyman license preferred.
- Minimum 2 years industrial electrical experience
Or any combination of experience and training that demonstrates the ability to perform the key responsibilities of this position.
- Mill environment subject to weather extremes, noise, dust and exposure to hazardous chemical.
- Repetitive bending, lifting, squatting and stooping.
Other duties or responsibilities not listed above may be assigned as necessary.