Are you looking for a challenging yet rewarding job that allows you to utilize your skills to their fullest potential? Do you want to join a team of hardworking, enthusiastic and creative people and enjoy working with a company that recognizes and embraces diversity? Do you take pride working with a company that is committed to being a great corporate citizen and playing a role in producing the highest quality products and services?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, then Pridgeon and Clay is the place for you...
Founded in 1948 by John Pridgeon and Donald Clay, we are one of the largest independent, value-added manufacturers and suppliers of automotive stamped and fine-blanked components in the United States.
Objective: The CNC Operator/Programmer 2 creates and modifies CNC programs and operates machines to meet and exceed efficiency goals and to produce parts to meet customer expectations in an exemplary manner according to the company quality policies.
Qualified candidates will possess the following Minimum Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED
- Completion of a college-based or apprenticeship-based CNC Operator/Programmer or CNC/Machinist Technician program or certificate; or a minimum of 10 years of skilled experience in tooling and Computer Numerical Control (CNC) Programming
- Ability to train, teach, and assess other CNC Operator/Programmer trainees in the apprenticeship program, while working, leading and mentoring in a team environment
- Experience in the prototype or tool & die trade, specifically programming, setting up and running tooling
- Skilled in machine shop and machining operations
- Proven ability to assist with managing projects and resources effectively, including detailed documentation on tooling issues and component prints
- Excellent problem-solving and trouble-shooting skills
- Ability to pass written and practical tests to obtain company forklift/hi-lo and crane license
- Proven mechanical inclination, general math and manufacturing knowledge, and trouble-shooting skills through standardized assessments
- Computer literacy, which includes the ability to interpret blue prints and CAD data
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Cannot have a pacemaker
- An excellent work record, including attendance
(Minimum requirements are updated annually to meet the demands of various positions; employees hired prior to the latest revision update may not meet all current requirements.)
Preventative Maintenance/Standard Work:
- Utilize proper feed rates for programming cutter paths, per steel type and geometry, for incoming work.
- Maintain stock in CNC tooling crib with proper cutters and other supplies.
- Record daily work performed and hours in Electronic Asset Management (EAM); review daily work center schedule to ensure projects are completed on time, reporting any significant challenges to management.
- Assist and train other CNC Operator/Programmers to ensure all preventative maintenance is scheduled and completed on time, per management's requirements; perform general preventative maintenance of machines (e.g., changing oils, fluids, filters, and coolant) and maintain documentation.
- Cross-train on other CNC equipment and processes.
- Ability to operate all manual machines (mills, grinders, lathes, and drill presses)
- Send out heat treat and complete all necessary paperwork
- Receive raw material and complete proper paperwork
- Ensure all features on components have been completed (de-magnified, de-burred, chamfered)
- Program using MasterCam and Solidworks software to operate 2D/3D CNC work centers. Creating components for all of P&C
- Operate 2D/3D work centers.
- Troubleshoot and repair programs and machining issues as necessary.
- Ensure the Computer Aided Design (CAD) data matches the print.
- Demonstrate proficient use and maintenance of quality tools; perform quality checks to verify parts meet print specifications prior to removing details from mill; ensure all gages and fixtures are checked and certified, per company standards. (e.g. micrometers, calipers, gage pins, and gage blocks)
- Adhere to the quality policy as it relates to prototypes; maintain prototype quality records; prepare all prototype jobs for shipment to customers.
- Use available quality data (Statistical Process Control, Coordinate Measuring Machine checks, fixtures, controls plans, and visual inspections) to verify that parts meet quality requirements.
- Validate process parameters and enter system deviations, when applicable.
- Validate processing methods, including those used by other CNC Operator/Programmers, to ensure that quality parts are produced.
- Use prints and CAD data to verify critical dimensions, quality, and to ensure detail is complete
Continuous Improvement/Lean Principles:
- Monitor and improve the efficiency of CNC machines and identify areas to improve the overall performance and speed by continually reducing setup times and increasing program efficiency.
- Work with outside suppliers on testing new technologies to ensure company is "State of the Art" in the machining community.
- Increase personal and departmental efficiency.
- Participate in and support lean initiatives, continuous improvement, and problem-solving events; document savings, consolidate processes, and eliminate operations. Identify and attempt to eliminate areas of waste.
- Anticipate problems and work to eliminate them before they happen.
- Consistently adhere to, and support, company policies and procedures, including ISO, TS 16949 and safety regulations.
- Safely use hi-lo/forklift and cranes to load and transport dies, maintaining licenses and inspection sheets.
- Follow all safety procedures, including Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), controls, safety devices, lock-out/tag-out, use of coolants, and die block procedures.
- Identify potential safety issues and take appropriate action. Ensure environment is free of avoidable risks, and report concerns immediately, taking appropriate action to immediately rectify and resolve.
- Store and maintain current CNC programs and files in a consistent and organized manner. Organize and maintain efficiency of personal work area per 5S standards.