Lead the software integration and build activities for multiple high performance computing platforms. Responsible for defining the software integration tool chain, providing release packages to internal customers, works closely with hardware and software suppliers to resolve integration and build issues and consults with engineering departments on software integration issues. Exercises technical direction over engineering support personnel and may have work direction responsibilities over a group with specific engineering objectives. Consults with supervisor and peers as required.
Major Duties/ Responsibilities:
- Lead or support advance technical work that develops new technologies and/or features by providing software integration support.
- Communicates, coordinates, and consults with engineering departments and customers on software build issues.
- Lead software integration activities in dSpace, Linux, FPGAs and embedded controller environments.
- Define, uplift and maintain the software integration tool chain, desk benches and HILs.
- Support development trips, assembly plant activities, prototype shops, experimental garages, and development fleet and test fleet vehicle activities by providing timely release packages with required software content.
- Interface with Tier 1/2/3 hardware and software suppliers on BSP, BSW, Infrastructure and operating system issues.
- Works closely with Research and Development, software developers, validation engineers, HMI engineers, network engineers and suppliers to integrate features into the latest build.
- 5+ years of demonstrated Technical knowledge and ability in relevant engineering disciplines (eg. Software, Vehicle Dynamics, Active Safety, Control Theory)
- Understanding of major automotive subsystems preferred
- Experience with and/or knowledge of relevant technologies (eg. EPS, Adv. Suspension Controls, CyberSecurity, FlexRay, AUTOSAR, Hybrid Controls, Ethernet)
- Experience or knowledge of relevant tools( eg: NX(UG), Matlab, Simulink, Rhapsody, IBM Change Synergy,GitHub, GitLab, dSpace, ETAS and IBM Rational Team Concert)
- Experience or knowledge of real-time operating systems (eg, RTLinux, ROS, GHS Integrity, VxWorks or QNX)
- Experience or knowledge of software development, implementation and debugging tools (eg, Lauterbach, GHS Probe, GHS Multi IDE, Wind River Diab, GCC)
- Experience developing software in ANSI C language
- Experience with embedded controller design, implementation and testing
- Experience or knowledge of high performance computing (eg, GPU, OpenCL, CUDA, FPGA, multi-core and parallel processing)
- Bachelor’s degree in Systems Engineering, Automotive Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Embedded Systems or equivalent
- Master's degree in engineering discipline preferred
- DFSS Black Belt preferred