Position: Front Desk Clerk
Grade: 18 $12.25-18.38/hr.
Under the direction of the Hotel Manager/Front Desk Supervisor, the position is responsible for ensuring guests of the hotel receive friendly and efficient service.
- Greets, registers, and assigns rooms to guest.
- Answer’s all calls in a timely, courteous manner and directs all calls to the appropriate extension and/or department.
- Answers inquiries pertaining to hotel services; registration of guests, dining facilities, shopping, entertainment, and travel directions.
- Keep records of room availability and guests’ accounts.
- Responsible for taking reservations for guests and ensuring input into OPERA system is prompt and accurate.
- Collects revenue by entering services and charges, computes bill, obtain payment, and makes change for guests.
- Creates room keys with the electronic room key system and issues to guests with explanation on appropriate use of keys.
- Posts charges to guest folios.
- Ensures the welcoming of our guests to the property in a friendly manner.
- Facilitate a timely check-in and checkout for our guests.
- Ensures the daily operation of guest satisfaction programs.
- Updates room status in a timely manner.
- Performs bucket checks and assigned paperwork.
- Performs cashier duties and facilitates guests inquires.
- Provides exemplary customer service.
- Keeps maintenance and housekeeping departments informed of all customers’ needs or when a problem is reported.
- Must punch in and out at the beginning and end of each shift using electronic time keeping system located by employee exits.
- Responsible for arriving to work station on time, wearing proper uniform.
- Must attend all mandatory trainings designated by the Human Resources Department and/or Department Directing, including Title 31.
- Other duties may be assigned within the scope and complexity of this position’s essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or carry up to 25 pounds while occasionally lifting and/or carrying up to 75 pounds.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Six months to One year of Hotel Front Desk experience or equivalent combination of related hospitability/customer service experience strongly desired.
- Must not have been terminated from any position with Bay Mills within the last year.
- Internal candidates must have completed their 6mth probationary period with balance of 13pts or less on their attendance record.
- Must successfully pass necessary background checks to be able to obtain a gaming license through the Bay Mills Gaming Commission and maintain eligibility throughout employment.
- Excellent communication skills required.
- Must posses a personable, customer service attitude along with organizational ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must present a well-groomed, professional appearance and speak, understand and write in the English language.
- Must have general computer skills.
- Must have an excellent past work record and attendance record as demonstrated through references.
- To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each function listed under the essential functions and physical demands categories of this position description.