Emphasis is to collect past due payments on consumer, real estate and commercial accounts in a professional and timely manner. The preferred candidate may live in the Marquette or Delta Counties.
- Duties include the collection of above-mentioned payments or determination of a workable schedule for delinquent accounts.
- Participate with work outs on Trouble Debt Restructures (TDR's)
- Handle all corresponding aspects of the position, i.e., Filing of documents, customer correspondence and communication, attorney/court (as directed) communication, duties associated with repossession, etc.
- Prepare all necessary collection reports on a regular basis, and provide information to appropriate individuals and committees. Report status of all past due accounts, specifically identifying collection activities at Board of Director meetings.
- Provide adequate, timely feedback to upper management on all collection activities as directed.
- Must have a working knowledge of collection laws and other related compliance requirements.
- Process repossessed items for further action, including re-sale preparation measures.
- Assume and accomplish other duties as directed.
- Perseverance and the ability to take a firm yet professional stand in dealing with late-paying customers is imperative. Good interpersonal skills necessary in working with customers, bank personnel, and in representing First Bank in all relative matters. Must be able to work independently and follow through on assignments.
- Professionalism must be exhibited and confidentiality respected at all time.
- Computer skills required.
KEY CORE COMPETENCIES:
- Interacts with people effectively. Able and willing to share and receive information.
- Co-operates within the group and across groups.
- Supports group decisions and puts group goals ahead of own goals
- Sets and maintains high performance standards.
- Pays close attention to detail, accuracy and completeness.
- Shows concern for all aspects of the job and follows up on work outputs.
- Adapts to changing work environments, work priorities and organizational needs.
- Able to effectively deal with change and diverse people.
- Expresses ideas effectively.
- Organizes and delivers information appropriately.
- Listens actively.
- Displays emotional resilience and the ability to withstand pressure on an on-going basis.
- Deals with difficult situations while maintaining performance.
- Seeks support from others when necessary and uses appropriate coping techniques.
REQUIRED/PREFERRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Knowledge of bankruptcy and legal collection activities; necessary compliance training.
Position may require individual to perform repetitive motion in operating equipment such as keyboard, calculator or other bank/office-related machinery. While performing duties the employee may have to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Position requirements may be, but are not limited to, walking, standing, sitting, bending, talking, hearing and communicating. The physical demands are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Valid driver's license and ability to be insured required if driving.
- Position requires attendance at meetings.
- Employees are responsible for the upkeep/organization of their work area and in cooperation with others in shared areas.
Note that this Job Description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of duties or responsibilities. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change with or without notice.
This Job Description has been approved by management.
AAP-EEOC – The Bank is an equal opportunity employer. It is the Bank's policy to grant equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all qualified persons without regard to race, sex, religion, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, height, weight, marital status, or veteran's status. The Bank provides equal opportunities in employment, promotion, wages, benefits, and all other privileges, terms, and conditions of employment. It is our policy to make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
The Bank has an Affirmative Action Plan as a requirement of its status as a Federal Contractor.