Work as part of our production team in the manufacturing of automotive assemblies in a “Just in Time” environment. Ensure safe work practices and follow standardized work instructions as set out by the Company and all Personal Protective Equipment are worn as required.
- Perform all jobs as assigned according to standardized work instructions.
- Clean work areas and equipment in keeping with 5S and Kaizen programs.
- Grind or clean products into final form using hand tools if required.
- Check manufactured parts for defects and conformance of specifications, visually or using sample models and instruments.
- Complete reports on production and quality as required.
- Perform minor repairs to manufactured parts rejected from the production process.
- Operate or tend automated assembling equipment, i.e. robots and fixed automation equipment.
- Check products at different stages of the production process for visual defects.
- Perform other duties as required from time to time by your Team Leader, Supervisor or Manager.
Knowledge, Skills, & Ability
- Critical thinking-using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solution, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Handle multiple projects and exercise disciplined time management.
- Ability to work all shifts.
- Ability to react appropriately in stressful situations while working in “Just in Time” environment.
Required Education & Experience
- High School Diploma.
- At least 3 years’ experience in manufacturing environment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
Safety and Housekeeping
- Responsible to adhere to all Health and Safety programs in accordance with the OHSA.
- Follow and ensure the Company's procedures regarding safety rules and regulations are followed throughout the plant.
- Ensure that you work and operate equipment according to the safety rules and regulations.
- Ensure that your Department is clean, tidy, organized and a safe workplace at all times.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.