We are seeking a Quality Layout Inspector.
- Perform routine quality audits throughout the production facility
- Perform in-process inspections on production floor, including first-piece and last-piece inspections
- Perform dimensional layout inspection as required
- Perform quality-related training for employees
- Provide back-up coverage for other quality positions as needed
- Perform GR&R, Gage, Fixture and Capability Studies
- Analyze and interpret data for parts and gages
Qualifications and Skills:
- Have a working understanding of geometric dimension and tolerance (GD&T)
- Ability to think analytically and independently
- Ability to work effectively on their own as well as with others at all levels of the organization
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to adapt to change
- Three years of inspection experience
- Knowledge of AS9100 quality standards a plus
- Ability to demonstrate understanding of Statistical Process Control, preferred
- Knowledgeable with Microsoft Office software
- Ability to read and analyze part prints
- Full understanding of the proper use of measurement devices such as height gages, calipers, micrometers, protractors, pressure gages, etc.
- Ability to follow established procedures
- Strong attention to detail and multi-tasking ability
- High school diploma or equivalent
Schaller offers a competitive wage/benefit package, paid holidays, overtime work pay & semi-annual bonus possible.