Fabricate, position, align, and fit parts of structural metal products.
The position of the Fabricator is, but not limited to the following:
- Assembles and tack welds steel components per prints in preparation for final welding.
- Measures and marks locations for metal components to be welded.
- Set up and operates fabricating machines, such as brakes, rolls, shears, flame cutters, and drill presses.
- Familiarity with furnace for pre-heating requirements.
- Hammers, chips, and grinds work piece to cut, bend and straighten metal.
- Constructs templates and fixtures.