SACY'S FOOD SERVER
PART TIME; NON-EXEMPT
Responsible for providing restaurant service to all customers in an efficient, courteous, and professional manner displaying a high standard of customer service.
- Responsible for prompt, efficient, and courteous service of food and beverages to restaurant guests in accordance with company standards.
- Perform necessary tasks to service guests, taking and filling all food and drink orders and assisting in maintaining customers eating area in a clean and neat manner.
- Keep work area as clean as possible.
- Clean counters and cabinets during slow periods.
- Preparing the restaurant area before each session (fill napkin holders, re-stock sugars, etc., and various other tasks assigned by Food and Beverage Management Team).
- Assemble and deliver food orders to customers and collect money for these orders promptly and courteously.
- Physically being on your feet for long periods of time by caring food orders from the restaurant to the tables throughout the restaurant floor.
- Must punch in and out at the beginning and end of each shift using electronic time keeping system located by employee exits.
- Responsible for arriving to work station on time, wearing proper uniform.
- Must attend all mandatory trainings designated by the Human Resources Department and/or Department Manager, including TIPS.
- Other duties may be assigned within the scope and complexity of this position’s essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk and stand. Occasionally the employee must bend, squat, crouch, and kneel with frequent push/pulling and balancing. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds.
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent required.
- Requires one to two years experience as a food server in similar setting.
- Position requires a friendly, smiling individual with a great customer service attitude.
- Must have math skills and the ability to add and subtract to make change for the customers.
- Must have computer skills and the ability to record orders and enter as required into the point-of-sale (POS) customer system. Prior experience with Micros preferred.
- Physical requirements include ability to work in a hectic, fast pace environment, to carry trays of beverage and food to tables, and to be on feet for long periods of time.
- Must present a well-groomed, professional appearance and speak, understand and write in the English language.
- Must posses an organizational ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must have an excellent past work and attendance record.
- To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each function listed under the essential functions and physical demands categories of this position description.