The Forklift Operator is responsible for operating a forklift to move, locate, relocate, stack, and count parts. The Forklift Operator is accountable for the safe and efficient operation of the vehicle and may also be required to perform Order Filler and Checker duties.
- Receiving/Put-Away: Unload inbound shipments of steel coils safely and move steel or parts to plant locations. Efficiently stack and store the parts in the appropriate areas.
- Quality: Ensure inbound and outbound shipments are accurate and free of damage. Report quality variances.
- Order Picking: Pull and prepare parts for shipment, ensuring that the exact number and type of product is loaded and shipped. Perform picking duties in an efficient manner that meets customer requirements.
- Loading: Efficiently move parts from staging and/or storage areas into rail cars or trailers.
- Equipment: Load, unload, move, stack, and stage product and materials using a forklift, clamp truck, or other power equipment. Use radio frequency equipment for picking, receiving, put away, and load functions, as required. Maintain the facility’s equipment and materials in a neat, clean, and orderly fashion. On a daily basis, inspect the forklift Operate all equipment in a safe and efficient manner following prescribed work methods.
- Inventory: Keep appropriate records and reports to guarantee that tight inventory control and security are maintained. Assist in physical inventories. Ensure FIFO.
- Safety, Sanitation, Security: Maintain a clean, neat, and orderly work area. Conduct operations in a manner that promotes safety. Comply with OSHA and MSDS Standards.