Operates forklift to load and unload productive and non-productive materials for the plant based on daily shipment schedule. Builds and bands boxes as required and performs various material handing duties.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Job
- Aware of inventory produced by area of responsibility as to maintain adequate stock on hand (safety stock) and that all finished goods meet customer requirements in quality, quantity and proper packaging and labeling.
- Follows operational procedures for activities, such as verification of incoming and outgoing shipments and handling and disposition of materials.
- Inspects physical condition of warehouse and equipment and informs supervisor in order for repairs and requisitions for replacement of equipment.
- Required to begin production as scheduled (start of shift).
- Responsible for rotating inventory to ensure FIFO.
- Ensures forklift truck is fully safe to operate by checking for safety items and completing forklift check sheet at beginning of each shift.
- Ensures all bins full of waste or scrap material are properly disposed of.
- Maintains good housekeeping in work area and throughout the plant.
- Required to adhere to plant safety and environmental (ISO 14001) requirements as established by company policy.
- Adheres to applicable TS16949 requirements.
- Accepts assignments and other responsibilities as required in support of team objectives.
- Ability to read and comprehend operational work instructions.
- Good attendance and dependability record from previous employers.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds overhead as needed.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to work necessary overtime, which may include weekend work.