For over 30 years, Sunroof Express, part of Detroit International Sales group, has made it a point of pride to go above and beyond to get the job done. We realize that our employees are the key to our success. Every employee shows up to work with the integrity and persistence to succeed. Our enthusiasm is unmatched and our attention to detail is shown in everything we do. It is our belief that great people together can do great things.
This is a full-time position – Monday thru Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Hourly rate: $12.00.
- Semi-annual profit sharing bonus checks.
- Yearly merit increases
- Prepare materials for final sale
- Read work orders or receive verbal instructions to determine work assignments
- Set up and operate production equipment in accordance with current good manufacturing practices and standard operating procedures.
- Inspect finished products for quality and adherence to company specifications.
- Maintain inventory of job materials.
- Meet production and schedule requirements and follow standardized work procedures.
- Set up and verify the functionality of safety equipment.
- Adhere to all applicable regulations, policies, and procedures for health, safety and environmental compliance.
- Clean production equipment or work areas
- Problem Sensitivity -- The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
- Verbal Comprehension -- The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Written Comprehension -- The ability to read and understand information presented in writing.
- Creative Thinking -- Developing best practices by participating in team meetings and brainstorming sessions.
- The ability to operate hand power tools for extended periods of time
- The ability to lift 50 lbs., bend, stretch, stand for extended periods of time, climb stairs, reach, twist, sit, walk
- The ability to retrieve and replace materials that can weigh up to 20 pounds apiece on shelves from floor level to seven feet high.
- The ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
- The ability to concentrate on a task over a period of time without being distracted.
- Enthusiastic with a positive attitude
- Capable of reporting to work as scheduled with a consistent schedule between 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Basic computer data entry skills with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment with frequently changing dynamics
- High School Diploma / GED
Sunroof Express Inc. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, , religion, national origin, orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.