Reports to: Manufacturing Manager and Foremen
Perform material handler duties as assigned.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure that operating cells have required materials, such as:Pallets and Crates Bulk pack cratesCollars Other assembly components
- Scrap crates Gaskets
- Raw materials Packaging
- Maintain packout storage area (UNA) in a neat and orderly fashion.
- Maintain component and packaging storage areas in a neat and orderly fashion.
- Maintain manufacturing floor in a neat and orderly fashion when assigned to this area.
- Wrap and tag all production and transfer to the appropriate location.
- Record production completions and inventory transfers with use of DSI units.
- Assist with establishing priorities in packout when assigned to this area.
- Change material on machines when assigned to the manufacturing area.
- Monitor raw material supply to all machines when assigned to the manufacturing area.
- Follow and comply with 5S guidelines.
- Assist with physical inventories.
- Inspect forklifts and log information utilizing appropriate forms.
- Comply with all Plastic Trends Employee Conduct and Work Rules.
- Comply with all policies contained in the Employee Handbook.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Meet qualifications of job through education, training or prior experience.
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work under minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License.
- Must have a valid Forklift License issued by Plastic Trends.
- Minimum High School Diploma or equivalent.
Must be physically able to perform all tasks and duties as described throughout this job description including ability to bend, stoop and carry heavy objects weighing up to 40 pounds. Sufficiently mobile to function in a shop floor environment that includes the ability to crawl, kneel, lift, pull, sit, stand and walk for shifts lasting up to 12 hours and the ability to climb ladders or platforms on machines. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.