Adult Learning Systems - U.P. is seeking multiple individuals for it's open Direct Care Staff positions.
Responsibilities would be to support individuals with disabilities in activities of daily living and community integration.
Individuals hired for this position will work in a Special Contract Licensed Adult Foster Care Home working with Adults with Mental Illness and/or Developmental Disabilities.
- Training will be provided for this position
- Paid holidays for part-time staff
- Access to vision, dental, & AFLAC
- Flexible scheduling
Job Duties Include:
- Runs lesson plans/behavior plans as written
- Takes individuals to needed appointments with community agencies as assigned
- Timely transport of consumers with company or personal vehicle driving according to vehicle state laws
- Assists consumers in learning all necessary skills for residential living, including health and safety issues
- Maintains company vehicle according to standards
- Completes emergency drills with consumers
- Performs emergency services when necessary or requested. Following ALS procedures & contract agency rules.
- Performs housekeeping duties as designated on shift task sheets, aids individual in performance keeping duties as needed
- Reads consumers history ongoing
- Puts consumers needs first and safety first in choice making at all times
- Addresses individuals in age-appropriate manner
- Promotes dignity and rights of individuals. Respects people at all times.
- Documents accurately data performed on appropriate forms
- Helps consumers problem solve appropriately
- Talks with consumers and includes them in all activities
- If needed, supports individuals in all areas of activities of daily living
- Must be able to carry out all community integration events as directed by management and contract agency