Michigan Spine and Brain Surgeons is one of the leading neurosurgical and orthopedic spine practices in Michigan in terms of surgical volume, outcomes, and clinical research. We employ six board-certified neurosurgeons and orthopedic spine surgeons and over 60 supporting staff across four offices. As such, it is necessary to have competent front desk staff who can support multiple clinics in a busy atmosphere. While medical office experience is preferred, it is not required to apply!
Various job responsibilities of a medical receptionist may include, but are not limited to:
- Verify insurance
- Check paperwork
- Create future appointments
- Sort electronic documents for physicians and staff
- Prepare and escort patients to exam rooms during clinic
Further description of the job is listed on application.
Preferred qualifications include:
- Ability to type proficiently with correct finger position (minimum 70 WPM - preferred)
- Have prior working knowledge of or be able to quickly learn electronic health records (EHR) software. Experience with eClinicalWorks is preferred.
- Familiarity with Windows operating system
- Interpersonal skills for communicating clearly and concisely
- Positive, friendly, outgoing, and diligent demeanor
- Post-high school education, bachelors preferred with a GPA of at least 3.2
After a probation period, full-time employees will be eligible for:
- Medical insurance (employer-pay)
- Optional, reduced cost dental and vision insurance (employer-administer).
- Paid time off
- Paid sick time
- Contributions to 401K, profit sharing plan, and cash balance plan
- On-the-job experience