Michigan Spine and Brain Surgeons is one of the leading neurosurgical and orthopedic spine practices in Michigan in terms of surgical volume, outcomes, and clinical research. We employ six board-certified surgeons and over 50 supporting staff across four offices. Because of the volume of surgeries performed by the practice, staff dedicated to scheduling surgeries and acting as assistants to the surgeons are required. While this is a demanding job, the satisfaction of patient interaction and being able to work closely with physicians is rewarding. While medical office experience is preferred, it is not required to apply!
Various job responsibilities of a surgical scheduler may include, but are not limited to:
- Counseling potential surgery patients on pre- and post-operative instructions
- Boarding patients for surgery
- Obtaining medical clearance
- Retrieving authorization from insurance carriers
- Coordinating with the hospital for screening
- Scheduling the physicians’ to have neither too few nor too many surgeries in a day
Further description of the job is listed on application.
Preferred qualifications include:
- Professional, friendly, and outgoing speaking etiquette
- Ability to type proficiently with correct finger position (minimum 70 WPM - preferred)
- Prior working knowledge of electronic health records (EHR) software. Experience with eClinicalWorks is preferred.
- Familiarity with Windows operating system
- Interpersonal skills for communicating clearly and concisely
- Post-high school education, bachelors preferred with a GPA of at least 3.2
After a probation period, full-time employees will be eligible for:
- Medical insurance (employer-pay)
- Optional, reduced cost dental and vision insurance (employer-administer).
- Paid time off
- Paid sick time
- Contributions to 401K, profit sharing plan, and cash balance plan
- On-the-job experience