Immediate Openings for Part-time/Casual positions!
Casual positions receive an additional $1/hour.
HealthSource Saginaw (HSS) is looking for food service workers who are passionate about the work they do and who enjoy working in a fast paced environment. You will be challenged by the dynamic environment, where you will work as a pivotal member of the staff, to exceed company goals and foster teamwork. As an HSS employee, you will become part of our team of outstanding people working together to improve the physical and emotional health of the lives we touch each and every day.
Performs the full range of kitchen related responsibilities in a healthcare setting including but not limited to:
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment
- Follows all health and safety policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Maintains sanitary condition of windows, counters, glass and equipment in assigned areas, through cleaning, wiping, sanitizing dusting, mopping, sweeping, etc.
- Prepares food items as required. Prepares and delivers for catering functions, late trays, nourishments, resident/patient snacks and floor supplies.
- Maintains proper inventory of all supplies in assigned work area. Stocks, replenishes, sets up and maintains work area in a clean, orderly and sanitary fashion.
- Operates cash register and is accountable for security while under scope of responsibility.
- Follows all policies and procedures for cash handling. Utilizes cash register to record items sold and prices.
- Assembles resident/patient food trays, working as part of an assembly line. Reads menus, portions food according to prescribed measures and follows standards for accuracy, temperature and appearance.
- Meets time deadlines and visual acceptability standards of food orders as assigned.
- Transports resident/patient tray carts to and from care areas, following proper delivery/pick-up procedures.
- Washes and sanitize service ware. Loads and unloads dishes into and from dish machine. Monitors and maintains detergent, drying agent and temperature levels.
- Cleans interior and exterior of dish machine at conclusion of each meal period and properly stores clean dishware.
- Collects and delivers menus to specific units and performs one-on-one selection assistance for residents as required.
- Corrects menus and organizes tray tickets in the proper tray assembly order to assure that all patients/residents received their individualized diet.
- Visits patients/residents to provide and obtain information about food choices, preferences, dislikes and food allergies. Communicates with other departments and nursing units to provide and share information about or to resolve patient/resident food service problems.