Unified Business Technology (UBT) is an award winning-winning, woman owned firm providing innovative project life-cycle solutions, from concept to implementation for Information Technology, Telecommunications, Electronics Manufacturing, Engineering, and Professional Support Services to Federal customers.
Key Responsibilities: We are looking for a System Administrator to maintain, upgrade and manage our software, hardware and networks. Resourcefulness is a necessary skill in this role. You should be able to diagnose and resolve problems quickly. You should also have the patience to communicate with a variety of interdisciplinary teams and users. Your goal will be to ensure that our technology infrastructure runs smoothly and efficiently.
Specific Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Installing and configuring software, hardware and networks
- Manage network servers and technology tools
- Monitoring system performance and troubleshooting issues
- Ensuring security and efficiency of IT infrastructure
- Upgrade systems with new releases and models
- Ensure security through access controls, backups and firewalls
- Set up accounts and workstations
- 2+ years’ experience as a system administrator
- Experience with databases, networks (LAN, WAN) and patch management
- Knowledge of system security (e.g. intrusion detection systems) and data backup/recovery.
- Knowledge of Acronis Backup Tool is desirable.
- Familiarity with Cloud backup solutions.
- Ability to write PowerShell scripts
- Familiarity with various operating systems and platforms (Windows, Linux)
- Familiarity with Xen environment
- Knowledge of FreeNAS installation and configuration
- Knowledge of SonicWALL and Cisco firewall configuration.
- Familiarity with VoIP configuration
What We Offer:
- Vacation and Health Benefit package
- Retirement plan
- Long & Short-term disability
- Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, , national origin, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status