Location: Greenville, MI Department: Casting
Reports to: Casting Team Leader Date: January 2021
The Technician position at DNA will be responsible for supervising the equipment and making sure all projects are completed on time for their specific area. They must also ensure that quality and safety are a top priority while working with the machinery.
Technicians in the Casting area are responsible to perform a wide variety of tasks, including but not limited to:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Follow all safety rules and guidelines
- Visually and mechanically verifies quality points on each casting at specified intervals.
- Decides whether the inspected product meets quality standards.
- Communicates with other operators to rectify any abnormalities.
- Manage the production and quality of casting lines
- Supervise mold changes and process adjustments during new mold installation
- Supervise the operation of casting operators
- Handle abnormal equipment and quality during production
- Train new employees on the casting process
May provide occasional coverage for Operators, performing the following tasks:
- Checks the result of automatic desprue process.
- Examines appearance of wheels.
- Opens & Closes furnace door for pours.
- Pushes slag.
- Replenishes aluminum liquid for casting holding furnaces.
- Deslags low-pressure casting holding furnaces.
Skills and Experience
- High School degree with some post-graduation education preferred.
- 6 months of experience in Manufacturing
- Ability to read and understand written documents
- Good oral and writing communication skills.
- Ability to hear ordinary conversation or on a telephone
- Ability to understand and carry out complicated oral or written instructions
- Ability to work at times under time pressure
- Ability to appropriately manage confidential information
- Work safely and follow rules and guidelines for safe work
- Reporting to work on time and with a positive attitude
- Responsible for staying focused on tasks at hand
- Being responsible for work performance and completing tasks throughout the day
- Maintains a good working relationship with co-workers
- Support a positive and steady workflow through the company
- Works with a sense of urgency when needed
- Support, coach or mentor co-workers when needed
- Positively support change throughout the company
Physical Work Conditions
- Must be able to work in a hot environment
- Must be able to lift and move aluminum wheels of varying weight
- Must be able to lift 50 – 65 pounds
- Must be able to push or pull carts of wheels
- Must be able to stand and walk for up to 12 hours per day
- Must be able to wear personal protective equipment when required