Location: Greenville, MI Department: Paint
Reports to: Production Team Leader Date: July 2021
The Inspection/Rework Operator is responsible for ensuring finished wheels meet DNA quality standards while following all safety requirements to do so. The operator may also use tools to make simple fixes to wheels where possible.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Follows safety rules 100% of the time.
- Contributes to a safe work environment by following housekeeping guidelines.
- Maintains good attendance.
- Follows instructions and works to meet daily job assignments and KPI’s.
- Strictly follow the instructions during operations, as well as maintenance of the equipment
- Rotates within work area when directed.
- Prepares necessary materials for work being done.
- Processes, packs and/or ships product in accordance with quality standards.
- Informs Team Leader of any concerns regarding production.
- Records and properly addresses scrap and non-conforming parts.
- Maintains a productive working environment through communication and teamwork.
- Performs other relevant work as assigned
- Apply strong attention to detail
- Become familiar with wheel types produced
- Visually inspect products on the line
- Use the DNA Appearance Standards, boundary samples, labeling guidelines and a variety of other resources to identify and properly respond to non-conforming parts.
- Lift wheels onto /off workstation
- Complete shift paperwork
- Other duties as assigned
- Use variety of handheld tools to polish, sand or otherwise repair minor non-conformities (pneumatic sander, safety tri-blade, gauging tool, measuring tools)
- Lift wheels onto /off workstation and pallets
- Complete shift paperwork
Skills and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED
- Six months experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to read and understand written documents
- 20/20 vision with the ability to differentiate color within the standard color spectrum will be helpful (not required)
- Work safely and follow rules and guidelines for safe work
- Reporting to work on time and with a positive attitude
- Responsible for staying focused on tasks at hand
- Being responsible for work performance and completing tasks throughout the day
- Maintains a good working relationship with co-workers
- Support a positive and steady workflow through the company
- Works with a sense of urgency when needed
- Support, coach or mentor co-workers when needed
- Positively support change throughout the company
Physical Work Conditions
- Must be able to work in a hot environment
- Must be able to lift and move aluminum wheels of varying weight
- Must be able to lift 50 – 65 pounds
- Must be able to stand and walk for up to 12 hours per day
- Must be able to wear personal protective equipment when required