Makela, Toutant, Hill, Nardi & Katona, P.C. (MTHNK), is a full-service public accounting firm in Marquette, Michigan. We provide a full range of accounting, auditing, tax, consulting, and payroll services to clients in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan and beyond.
MTHNK is seeking a staff accountant to join our tax department. This position is for those interested in becoming a CPA and would involve performing accounting and tax services.
COMPENSATION/BENEFITS: At MTHNK, we offer a supportive work environment, a schedule that fits your lifestyle, and advancement opportunities. We are dedicated to our employees and offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes health, dental, and vision insurance; cafeteria plan for medical and dependent care expenses; 401(k) plan and employer matching; paid holiday and vacation days; and paid professional training and education. Compensation commensurate with experience.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED WITH MTHNK IN THIS POSITION:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting.
- Qualified to sit for the CPA exam.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Willingness to stay current on developing tax and industry laws.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Effective time management and organizational skills with a willingness to work on priority projects as determined by partners and other senior staff.
- Ability to maintain and promote a positive attitude and work environment.
- Desire for continued personal and professional growth.
- Desire to work and live in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan.
TIMELINE: The position is open until filled.
Please send resume and references to Personnel Manager at email@example.com.