The Carpet Guys located in Troy, Michigan is seeking an individual with Full Charge Bookkeeping and supervisory experience to join our growing team. Our upbeat environment, filled with recognition and opportunity, has doubled in size over the past year, and we project an upward trend in our headcount and sales for the next 12-24 months. Due to this growth, we have an immediate opening for long-term, full-time Accounting staff. We seek an earnest and dependable individual who is upbeat, has a client/”street ready” appearance, a background in Full Charge Bookkeeping and a customer service/problem-solving mentality.
- Computer literacy (Google Office Suite, Microsoft Office Suite).
- The ability to learn and master industry-specific software and a strong background in accounting software and application
- Must be self-motivated and have the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, energetic environment. (Time management and superior attendance are a must … we are BUSY!)
- Previous experience supervising accounting and payroll staff as this will also be a primary function of the position
- An effective communicator, verbally and in-writing; a sense of email etiquette and the ability to service all job levels.
- 3+ years of previous accounting experience in a mid sized organization with a strong emphasis on Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Bank Reconciliations for multiple companies.
- Verifying and reconciling credit card payments and expense tracking
- Preparing reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Experienced with Month End Closing and timely delivery of financial reporting period information.
- Successful candidates will be highly organized, detail-oriented, thorough, responsible and efficient.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of bookkeeping and generally accepted accounting principles.
- Be able to exemplify a strong, daily “face time” presence in the office.
- Must be organized and able to handle complex records with a high degree of confidentiality.
- A valid driver's license, with reliable transportation to and from work.
- Be able to pass a monitored, pre-employment drug screen.
- Be able to physically lift twenty (20) pounds regularly and move items of various weights and sizes.
- Three (3) personal references that can attest to a track record of dependability, punctuality and diligence.
- Previous flooring company/retail showroom experience or Construction or residential accounting background
- Previous experience working with independent contractors.
- Experience or familiarity with RFMS software for the Flooring Industry
- A Bachelors degree in accounting or a related field is an advantage
Please include a salary requirement with submission, as these positions will be paid commensurate with experience (starting salary is $15.00-18.00/hour) with room for advancement. Our company offers medical, dental and optical benefits to full-time employees, with internal advancement possibilities as skills develop and the company continues to grow.
Please send a cover letter with your personal email as well as your Professional (non Indeed) resume and references for further consideration to Careers@CarpetGuys.com. This is an immediate opening.