At PACE Southeast Michigan (Program of All Inclusive Care for the Elderly), we strive to be the most outstanding and innovative senior care service provider in Southeast Michigan. We are looking to expand to multiple sites within the next 5 years with a goal to service over 2600 eligible seniors. Our talented staff includes Primary Care Physicians, Registered Nurses, Physical Therapists, Life Enrichment Specialists, Social Workers and an ensemble of caring support staff members. PACE is a drug-free workplace. We are an equal-opportunity employer and promote diversity in the workplace. We offer competitive salaries and benefit packages. When you join PACE you make a difference in the lives of others. PACE employment is contingent upon successful completion of drug and background screenings.
Under general supervision, the transportation driver for PACE Southeast Michigan performs activities related to the transportation of program participants, and or medical supplies, to and from the program site and other facilities as directed.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Maintains established departmental and system policies and procedures and objectives, including but not limited to the following:
a. quality assurance program
d. infection control standards
2. Transport program participants to and from the program site or other assigned areas, as directed by the transportation supervisor or manager.
3. Assist the program participants to and from the PACE vehicle, to the participants’ residence or the center in a safe manner, using the appropriate assistive devices as necessary.
4. Participates in all scheduled education programs, in-services or staff meetings as directed.
5. Utilizes safe and appropriate body mechanics, and transfer techniques when providing transportation services to program participants.
1. Requires a high school education or equivalent.
2. Must be capable of and experienced in transporting individuals with special mobility needs.
3. Must have one year of experience with a frail or elderly population.
4. A valid, unrestricted, Michigan CDL license (Class A or B) with Passenger endorsement, and a driving record that falls into an acceptable category.
5. The ability to lift and/or carry 50 pounds or more and to put forth extremely heavy physical effort.
6. Must meet a standardized set of competencies (approved by CMS) before working independently.
7. Must be medically cleared for communicable diseases and have all immunizations up-to-date before engaging in direct participant contact.
8. Current CPR card with American Heart Association or American Red Cross.